Nike Says CEO Mark Parker to Step Aside as CEO

zzrobot

BEAVERTON, Ore. - Mark Parker will step down as Nike's CEO next year after 13 years leading the footwear company, Nike announced Tuesday.

Parker, 64, has been a Nike employee since 1979, rising through the ranks and holding such positions as product designer and co-brand president. He was appointed CEO in 2006.

Parker will hand the reins to John Donahoe, a current Nike board member and CEO of cloud computing company ServiceNow, Inc. Parker, previously chairman of the Nike board, will become executive chairman after he steps down, which he is set to do on January 13, 2020. The company says Donahoe will help propel Nike's digital transformation, which has been a key element of Nike's business strategy in recent years.

The shock announcement comes less than two years after Nike had said Parker would remain CEO "beyond 2020."

Parker's tenure at Nike has been marred by two major scandals in the past two years. In the spring of 2018 there was an executive overhaul and multiple lawsuits over alleged gender discrimination and a "boys' club" culture at Nike. More recently, the company shut down its running club, Nike Oregon Project, after longtime coach Alberto Salazar was banned from the sport for four years for doping violations.

Parker shot down the idea that those issues were involved in his stepping down as CEO in an interview with CNBC Tuesday.

In a note to employees obtained by CNN, Parker wrote, "To be clear, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not sick. There are no issues I'm not sharing. I strongly believe the best way for us to evolve and grow as a company is to bring in a phenomenal talent to join our team who has long been part of the Nike family."

Now he's got time to do what's really important in life. Collect robots!! If there is anything he still doesn't have that is.

There is nothing he does not already have from what I have seen and in most cases he has 2 of everything Ray R.  used too tell  me.

I have very old pictures of his museum on my web site "the Goodwin collection" had too get his permission to post those. Last time I was there, there was very little space to walk with out picking and putting down stuff as you go. But that was years ago now, so things could have changed. The pictures I have posted are so old that my Grand Paw and my Parents are in them, they are all dead now. But still cool pictures.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/gwp1.html

• 2 weeks later...