Paya ROBOT "A Resorte" windup and battery robot

robothut

Here is the Paya windup robot with battery lights. inside and out. The wind up motor is a bit under powered for the job and the connection of the windup drive wheels to the Robot drive wheels leaves a lot to be desired. Once I wound it up about 3/4 it was able to operate. 

So again with a toy that is plastic and glued together great care must be taken to cut it open. Once open I found that the 4 small plastic tabs that hold the metal gearbox unit to the front of the plastic body to be broken off. Always a very poor design .

You can see how the drive from the wind up motor is friction tied to the robot drive wheels.

Also notice the Light flasher wiper that gets contacted by the crank of the windup motor.

The 2 C batterys that go in the base need to be old size type, the new batteries fit so tight that it is almost impossible to get them in.

DSC05359.jpg

DSC05360.jpg

DSC05361.jpg

Here we have the legs installed. And the body front. You can see where the 4 small plastic tabs used to be and how they just would melt the ends of the plastic tabs over to hold the metal gearbox in place. I will use the card stock and goop glue fix to hold the front to the back body parts together this time as well , so that the toy can be opened again if need be.

DSC05376.jpg

DSC05378.jpg

DSC05379.jpg