3d printed Mystery Action Bump & Go Gang Bot

robothut

I have done 3d printed bump and go before and even put up thing-I-verse files for it. But this time I thought I would use a china made bump and go drive that any one can buy if they do not mind the 6 to 8 week wait.

So designed a base that the bump and go unit can screw on to and rear wheels.

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05292.jpg

DSC05293.jpg

DSC05294.jpg

The bump and go drive unit has a drive shaft sticking out the top as well so I put on a slip coupler so that I can add a moving flashing, clicking gun function.

DSC05301.jpg

DSC05302.jpg

DSC05303.jpg

For the moving, clicking and flashing gun I made these parts. The drive shaft will run down to the slip coupler on the bump and go drive. The clicker is spring steel and a small switch is used for the flashing gun LED. 

DSC05362.jpg

DSC05363.jpg

DSC05364.jpg

DSC05365.jpg

DSC05366.jpg

DSC05367.jpg

DSC05368.jpg

DSC05369.jpg

Just wonderful John! Thanks again for all that you do and for continuing to create for all of us to enjoy. What a surprise this was as it seemed your time recently might be taken up with the repairs that you have been doing. Once again you have proven that you are an unstoppable robot making force to be reckoned with.

I changed the name to Mystery Action "bump and Go. Do to the fact the robot is so small and light that the bump and go unit is just as likely to take off sidways or backward as it is forwards, it is bump and go just don't know if it will turn and go forward. With a larger base the rear wheels could be moved further back and this would help force the robot to go forwards every time and more weight. But it is what it is . A Mystery action robot.

34 minutes ago, robothut said:

I changed the name to Mystery Action "bump and Go. Do to the fact the robot is so small and light that the bump and go unit is just as likely to take off sidways or backward as it is forwards, it is bump and go just don't know if it will turn and go forward. With a larger base the rear wheels could be moved further back and this would help force the robot to go forwards every time and more weight. But it is what it is . A Mystery action robot.

All the more dangerous as this will make it impossible to know where his weapon might be pointed next. I can’t wait to receive mine and would love to see a photo once my “Black Christmas” version is complete. 

I bought a few of those bump and go units from China and have to admit they're good value, but they are very flimsy. I wish I could find something more sturdy for bigger builds. 

I finally got my very own gang of five!

4E8F1A80-B703-4044-96EE-3D7FD7FB7B09.jpeg.77e9a48af7474058ff027bfdd951b85e.jpeg

Thanks John for #2 and my very own special Black Christmas version! They cap off a fantastic quintuple brilliantly!

1F9A33E1-8F49-4281-ACD2-C6FD602F27D5.jpeg.fbfd491a55a3c74b8db547220b658c1e.jpeg

C287EC48-EB7E-404E-BBD2-EFD7A30DB09B.jpeg.4b9441119951ee7d160280868aa86f81.jpeg