Lindberg 5 Space Ships of the Future Gift Set Built

Zeitreisender

Hello All,

Recently, I was able to acquire this Gift Set from 1958 with all the models built. I've had the unbuilt Gift Set for many years, but never all the models built. Notice the translucent red plastic pieces which were only available in the early kits and the somewhat rare Satellite Rocket.

Regards,

Dale

IMG_3395Small.jpg.28b7ad4f7d6e8610ffadccda624c5350.jpgLindberg5SpaceShipsoftheFuture.JPG.f9c405f1b2dc8d57d4bf1b938bc34574.JPG

Fantastic set, nice catch, congrats!

I have always loved the Moon Ship and the Space Station, with the cute little cigar-shaped shuttles...

E.

I also have the Lindberg Past Present Future Gift Set, which I will soon take pictures of and post here. According to Old Model Kits, they sold the only one known to exist. They were wrong of course.....Mine is in better condition.

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=9591&page=1

I really love the box art by Ray Gaedke.

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/blog/plastic-model-kit-history/ray-gaedke-–lindberg-line-box-top-illustrator-artist-twirler-and-entrepreneur/

Back around 1956 as a child, I bought the Lindberg Flying Saucer kit and didn't do a very good job of putting it together, considering I was only 6 years old. I hunted everywhere we went after that to buy another one, but apparently no shop or dime store we went to had reordered the kit. Finally, on a 1959 trip to New York City (we were residents of the Los Angeles and I stayed behind) my mother found one in a Woolworth's there. Only problem was, she put it together and painted it before she gave it to me, really an outstanding job, but I was ungratefully upset that she had built it instead of giving me the kit unbuilt. Such an ungrateful 9 year old like me! I had built the Moon Ship and the 3 Stage Rocket during that time, also. Most people now would not understand how hard it was to find a particular model kit in the 1950's as a kid.

Here is my Lindberg Past Present Future Gift Set with photos of the contents. Thanks for the Lindberg catalog page; I have this catalog in my collection. Hope you enjoy the pictures of this rare item with the green Martian. The color of the Martian seems to have changed over the years. This one is in pea green and I think he is the earliest casting. I don't know if this Gift Set was ever available in hobby shops, as on the box it states "for Club and Party Plan ONLY". I'm sure that relates to the rarity of this item. Notice the original Lindberg glue tube provided with the kit and the original Flying Saucer instructions.

LindbergPastPresentFuture1.jpg

LindbergPastPresentFuture2.jpg

LindbergPastPresentFuture4.jpg

LindbergPastPresentFuture5.jpg

LindbergPastPresentFuture6.jpg

LindbergPastPresentFuture7.jpg