"Forbidden Planet" 1/32 & 1/72 figures...

ervino

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, strangely enough, it seems to me that nobody has posted yet a thread on the "Forbidden Planet" toy soldiers figures, so here it is! 😺

FWIK, there exist at least two groups of 1/32 figures of the characters from the "Forbidden Planet" movie.

The first one is a series of (I assume) "bootleg" figures, available from some time on eBay. Scale, as said, is 1/32, made in soft plastic (but there was also a version with the three human figures made of rigid plastic). The group includes Morbius, Altaira, Robby and an Officer of the Space Cruiser C-57D (recognizable as an Officer, and not a "simple" spacemen, by it rank insignas on the uniform epaulettes and not on the sleevs). The sculpt, IMO, is of good quality and detailed enough (see, e.g., the blaster pistol to be used by Robby).

The second set consists of two figures, Robby and a member of the C-57D crew (in this case whitout any visible rank insignas), and it is part of the "mengerie" of MiniMate figures (http://www.minimatedatabase.com/), "little brothers" of the Medicom Kubricks figures production (http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/1/). Considered their size, these figureas are also in 1/32 scale, and, beyond the "blocky" aspect, they too have a, IMO, nice level of details (see, again, the blaster pistol).

Last but not least, there exist too a 1/72 version of the C-57D Space Cruiser crew (plus Robby & the Monster of the ID), that are included in the, alas. as today insanely priced, model kit of the starship produced by Polar Lights: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/380-model-kits-forbidden-plastic/

Cheers

Ervino

IMG_1749.jpg.58bb8b8b1f91bc161822528d44c4a12d.jpgIMG_1752.jpg.ab15457d89d3b458ef2eb63deab71781.jpgb9f77b50-1b6c-11e5-9e6c-2d8e827d2df2.jpg.5b2b83186bcce4db74e666ea6d8c945a.jpgUPFUniformInsignia.jpg.c5b3ced8f89689e6df76043310f9f9ca.jpg

Ervino, I think you are correct, perhaps these have not been covered. I do have the Mini Mates Robby and Crew Member (they are nicely made). I saw this diorama on eBay, and it appears to be two of the soft plastic figures from the 4-piece set, showing Altaira and the commander, hand painted...very nice.

s-l1600.jpg.f803d9f3de3dd147d9433fef24147d79.jpg

35 minutes ago, Tinplate6 said:

Ervino, I think you are correct, perhaps these have not been covered. I do have the Mini Mates Robby and Crew Member (they are nicely made). I saw this diorama on eBay, and it appears to be two of the soft plastic figures from the 4-piece set, showing Altaira and the commander, hand painted...very nice.

I agree, skilled painter indeed: nice shading in Adams uniform. Thanks for sharing!

A colleague Italian collector and I were speculating on the origin of the 4 FP 1/32 figures, our working hypothesis being that their original run could has been a never released Marx or perhaps Mattel (think their "Lost in Space" 1/32 characters) series of figures...

72611795_10219251403533370_85599187835551744_n.jpg