No Manmos King, No Problem...for now.

RoboDerby

Well friends. I assume that soon, if not already, a number of you will be reveling in your freshly delivered Manmos Kings and kits from Brian. Alas, I am late in getting on the list myself.

So while you all marvel at your awesome new Manmos Kings like awestruck giddy children, I suppose that I will have to just make do with whatever the postman brought me today, namely this Dynamo Robot and this boring old Marx Prototype Martian Robot....

THANK YOU BRIAN!!!!!!!!!! I’m simply in love with the Martian Robot and the Dynamo is magnificent as well.

True, my Hayes collection is small compared to my collection of John’s work. But I couldn’t be more pleased with the pieces that I have so far and I look forward to filling more shelves with Brian’s work in the future.

Again Brian. Thank you for the robots and thanks for all that you do for the community here on your incredible website.

Planet Hayes or Bust!

C473436D-4D5A-46B0-8CAD-F401B173C80B.jpeg.2a33671968ef72192d732cab3e56450e.jpeg

38DBC26E-DEC1-40BD-9A49-737AACD66B44.jpeg.f944e4b8d2fc9f00bef754e24dd387c6.jpeg

761F7A98-B2E5-43B8-BB84-E560C0E2EDC0.jpeg.99f91f00ca02fee4cee79eb1fe2f60a5.jpeg

9DFF2F18-5029-4153-87CC-DE317DE6FCAD.jpeg.78154e2c8f107395b5af46d7ab15d5a1.jpeg

69E0C986-C901-457C-8911-05803B601231.jpeg.077b2e0ab9a237b0b4b175c100938468.jpeg

As far as I know Brian has never shared video of the Martian Robot in action. Therefore it is my pleasure and privilege to be the first to post a video of this beautiful prototype and its lovely, and in my opinion rather smooth walking action. I couldn’t love the aesthetics of this robot more. Great project choice Brian. Fingers crossed for a future production run.

PS: Phil R, if you are reading, do you happen to have photos of the metal version that you made of the Martian Robot? Brian mentions it in his original thread discussing his build and I’d love to see yours.

Anyway friends, presenting the first ( I think) video of Brian’s gorgeous prototype Martian Robot.

That's a Beauty-   Very cool!!!! I hope Brian does a run of the Martian robots too-Congratulations!!!  My Manmos kits are painted and awaiting assembly this weekend---I cant wait, there is some incredible engineering going on inside them.

Glad you like it. I will be making these in a while but I'd like to improve the finish of certain parts, such as the cape and the head. I'm running off a resin head for starters. The legs also look a bit grainy. Colored filament just doesn't print as well as my trusty silver.

• 1 month later...

just noticed this request from RoboDerby for my custom battery op Martian robot. He has a  transparent positronic brain. Figure and box.

P2160001-005.JPG

P2150004-001.JPG

1 hour ago, Phil R said:

just noticed this request from RoboDerby for my custom battery op Martian robot. He has a  transparent positronic brain. Figure and box.

Whaaaat?! This is awesome Phil R!! Put me on the list please. Wait...is there a list? 😜 Really cool version of the Martian Robot Phi R. It is a welcome surprise, your sharing the photo. Thank you.