Cart pushing robot "ADAM" based on 1905 patent. 3d printed.

robothut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• RoboDerby

• Ranger

• Brian..

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, robothut said:

Great vid ! Back when I had 8 of them here I wanted to send them off one at a time but could not do it by myself so it never got shot.. 

Admittedly, I enlisted my girl friend to start one of the robots and to work the “lighting effect” for the video. If only I lived in your neck of the woods, I’d be honored to be the official Robot Hut channel camera man, perhaps in exchange for robot building lessons.

Here's my resin build. A thoroughly simple and yet very sophisticated robot. I  don't know how John got those legs working so smoothly.

I took the opportunity to give him a slightly different cargo by taking the printer to its limits.  The Second Amendment variation. 

You'll notice slight warping of some flat surfaces, such as the base of the head. This is a downside of resin printing that needs work to solve. 

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

That Green looks great Brian!! Is that painted or is that the color of the resin itself?  Does the resin come in different colors and can you add coloring to the resin itself for custom colors???   Very cool !!!

After receiving the Bobby robot and taking note of its beeping sound effect, John, I propose that, should you come up with any other RC creations in the future that include both forward and reverse, it might be fun to consider adding the beeping sound effect when the robot is in reverse, like a truck backing up. Just random food for thought, mind you.

I did not know that resin printing had problems with flat surfaces, so thank you for sharing that info Brian. Besides the head warping at the base the arms are not snapped all the way on to the cart support arms, they should be flush when in proper position, so I am guessing some warpage there as well ? Or is there a scaling difference between the resin printed parts and the filament printed parts ?

I do not see the hip axle and in my case nuts. What did you find to work for you ?

Yes, John, flat geometry does not lend itself to resin printing without a struggle. It's so odd, because the most unbelievably complex shapes are easy. It appears that the first few layers undergo a compression when printed, something to do with a flexing of the build plate/z axis screw. It will be addressed in future builds and is probably an Elegoo fault. Other big flat surfaces need extra support or they flex when they are peeled off the build plate. Resin is soft until it's fully cured. I'll reserve resin for detail critical parts. PLA is still king. 

I used two short 3mm screws. They were just long enough to work, and the side panels keep the legs in place. 

Sorry about the arms. I didn't press them fully into place. They're perfect now. I really must read the instructions. 😄

Rich, that's green paint on clear resin. Using up that litre of clear that I bought. I prefer the look of paint to untreated plastic, but that's just me. 

Woohoo!  No time to play with... er, test this guy, before leaving for work today. But I was able to take one quick photo. Thrilled to add this RC beauty to my group of ADAMs. Thanks John, even better in person!D0C59BB7-5149-4866-B9AC-1867557C4E80.jpeg.3b91040ae9840186b655453348b899d7.jpeg