Cart pushing robot "ADAM" based on 1905 patent. 3d printed.

robothut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• RoboDerby

• Ranger

• Brian..

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will shoot a build video as soon as the house guests we have right now are gone. I feel silly shooting videos with people watching me. Here is a picture of the part's required to make 1 robot. These are the parts I will assemble in the video.

DSC05185.jpg

The all gray robot is the first one I built, when I ran out of gray I finished with red for the wheels and linkage.

Every robot has some slight differences in color, the motors used and the leg / cam linkage. The first robot had a aggressive stride, so a bit jerky. By robot #4 I had it smoothed

out.

DSC05187.jpg

DSC05188.jpg

DSC05189.jpg

DSC05190.jpg

DSC05191.jpg

DSC05192.jpg

DSC05193.jpg

These are truly very sharp looking robots. 🤖 

The colors, metallic look, the wheels are coOL.

The reel to reel computer is awesome retro styling.🎛️

Marvelous engineering.:lecture:

Just wonderful John. Each is uniquely awesome in color and walk. There are few things I look forward to more than the unveilings of your creations. Love this one!

Here is the You Tube build video with links to the thing-I-verse STL files. But some thing is whacked out in thing land. I do not know if the STL files are realy there for you too grab. I do know that when I check the page there are no pictures that I uploaded and the thumb nail pictures for the STL files do not show at this time. So who knows. Is there a better web site to share STL files. Brian can Alphadrome  accept STL files ?

4 hours ago, robothut said:

Here is the You Tube build video with links to the thing-I-verse STL files

I really get a kick out of these build videos John. Having zero experience in mechanical design, it is fascinating for me being able to assess and better understand how various movements can be achieved. 

Regarding the 1:48 hyper speed cart pusher, too cool. Just needs a “turbo edition” cabinet panel/ battery compartment cover to finish it off, like a lightening bolt or something less cliche than that perhaps. Maybe a “ Speedy Delivery” or “Express Mail” type theme.

Also, a version with lit eyes (if there is even room with the motor) in either speed would be pretty sweet too. Though I’m a sucker for lighting effects in my robots.

Thanks for all that you contribute John. Proud to be a fan and collector of your wonderful creations.

I think there's an issue with the uploaded files on Thingiverse, John. The zip file isn't working and the individual stl file list doesn't look complete.

Yes all the comments on YouTube say that Thing-I-verse is not working right for them either,. so lets see if I can attach a STL file. How about the ADAM Body Motor Frame . This is the largest file so if it works then they should all work. How about a resin printed ADAM robot Brian ?

AdamBodyMotorFrame.stl