Robot Beer Glass / Coffee Cup

Joe K.

Might anyone know the origin of this robot mascot figure?

2118694659_robotbeerglass.jpg.5a5aa35fd9f1db2a13b512aa01c1204a.jpg129613997_robotbeerglass2.JPG.cce0838ced8755659699ca57ac152819.JPG

The BIN listing describes it as "Vintage Retro ATOMIC Robot Beer Bar Glass/Westinghouse", but that doesn't pass a Google search test and the "W" is not the traditional Westinghouse logo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro-ATOMIC-Robot-Beer-Bar-Glasses-Gold-Trim-Westinghouse/193050572411?hash=item2cf2b5f67b:g:W68AAOSw1YRcxhS3:sc:USPSPriority!17522!US!-1

The coffee cup appears to show the same character.

Joe, the insignia on the frosted glass version almost resembles the old Volkswagen logo...but that wouldn’t make sense. Also, why is it holding a set of weight scales? I can’t see what is depicted on the scale clearly, but  on the left it seems to be a stack of coins, and the other one appears to have a pot marked “gold”. Perhaps the company produced monetary scales, or represents a bank?

could be some Chinese company using a knock off logo.

I purchased I.C.'s from China from a company which had a GE look-a-like logo.

They do that.🐲

But it's weird the robot has a VW logo on first image.

Very interesting. I'm dying to know the answer but I've hit my usual 12 minute google wall. Let me know if you guys figure it out.