New eyes

Jonydroid

Hello everyone I bought some lamps for my bare metal smoking spaceman went to a local store and immediately saw these small clear lamps and I thought man, these little lamps would suit well on my smoker and bought them, I still have the original ones but this look is also good check this out guys 

0E517549-3C1E-4990-99E1-4D2822BE6648.jpeg

FC442D22-F2CC-45CD-934B-83B5135CD298.jpeg

AD6EC669-3C75-4C28-94A7-A1AC919E402C.jpeg

Thanks Robodude and Roboto👍

maybe i should paint the white ones with green and blue, like paint for glass. just to know how they would look🤖? hmmm🤔

3 hours ago, Jonydroid said:

Thanks Robodude and Roboto👍

maybe i should paint the white ones with green and blue, like paint for glass. just to know how they would look🤖? hmmm🤔

Hiya Jonydroid. I think it was one of Henk Gosses’ old threads or maybe John’s that showed a method for painting the bulbs using Testor’s model paint and thinner. The thread was specifically for replacing the eyes on the Marx Mr. Robot as the white frosted ones are harder to find these days than the clear ones. It worked great for mine. I can’t recall the exact ratio. A milky water consistency is the goal if I recall correctly The larger part of the mixture being the thinner. Dip, let dry, and repeat. I believe 3 dunks in all.  Might be worth a shot. It would be cool to see some other colors. Keep us posted if you try it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...