RARELY SEEN JUPITER WIND UP COLOR VERSION ROBBY

zzrobot

This was owned by Pat Karris years ago, never seen another one. No, it wasn’t cobbled together with the battery op  and windup Jupiter’s. It’s legit. Anybody else own one ?spacer.pngspacer.png

DFFC3631-8D18-46FF-9E9D-2F31BBE29507.jpeg

DEBFCB82-7E3E-4E8E-9BB2-E9B76996766E.jpeg

ED806CFE-36E5-4143-9C4D-2406B09FAACB.jpeg

31D15013-1CB4-4641-98F2-1A1BCC3E8C55.jpeg

8C7AC594-F40E-4F48-B077-0DA9FC441E2C.jpeg

45A9E4D0-EAEA-4522-9BF9-9889E9956CE7.jpeg

4D0C5AAE-BFC6-4959-9D22-256DA75839AE.jpeg

26C6F37B-CB03-4194-B72E-2206191CFE4D.jpeg

It would be fairly easy to make with a B/O robot body added to the windup frame. The only modification needed would be to drill a hole for the key. The question is whether it is a factory produced variation or an aftermarket build. Still very cool.

I seem to remember Pat had this at I think Botstock 5. Either he just got it and brought it with him or whoever he bought it from brought it to Botstock to give it to him there. Or it could be a false memory I made up (not kidding). Anyone remember the same? It was the subject of a lot of interest as I remember it.

Pat had it at Bostock so what ever one I was at and Pat was at. He wanted me to check it out to see if it was a franken bot. No holes had been drilled. It looked factory as I recall. But like you Don, I would not want to bet my life on any memory I have in my head.

I definitely remember Pat being at a hotel we were staying at outside of Chicago. I also seem to remember Lessor being at the same hotel so that's why I'm thinking Botstock 5.  I remember him being at at least one other Botstock, in Adamstown at the Toy Robot Museum. It's funny how memory works, both of these memories are based on brief snapshots. One of talking to Pat about this very robot on the way down the stairs in our hotel in Chicago and one of his reaction to a low price being put on a Robby toy in the room trading at the Black Horse hotel in Adamstown. He made a very funny "take" that I'll never forget. But memory snapshots can be photoshopped over the years. If anyone can correct me on any of this please do.

I miss Pat's contributions to Alphadrome. His collection had a big effect on me and changed the course of my collecting. His Robby collection really illustrated how a certain focus can have a great effect on visual impact of an overall collection.

Looks like a lot of fun was had....One day I'll get to a Bot Stock,.

.I use to go to Comic Cons, Toy conventions.

Hoping to also eventually tour the Robothut with my crazy Uncle.

He's always traveling and that would be something he's never seen....or myself for that matter.🤖

Thanks for clearing that up Dirk. Well obviously my memory is worse than I suspected. The confusion started because I know that Robert Lesser is featured in Karl's poster for Botstock 5, so I just assumed that 5 was when the Lesser collection was featured at the Museum of Science. But researching the exibit I confirmed it was BS 3. Looking closer at the poster for Botstock 5 I see that it was actually in Adamstown. I also remember all of us being able to preview the lesser collection prior to his Smith House auction. When and where was that? Was that why Lesser is on the BS 5 poster?  I know my memory looks horrible (it is) but I did have a stroke 6 years ago. Is there a list of all the Botstocks and where they were held somewhere? Thanks.

Yep. BS 3 took place 2006 in "The Windy City" and we were all invited to Bobs great display to the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry.

Bob has much fun - but gets a bit bored because of all the blabla in the conference room… ☺️

Bob.JPG

The Pre View of his Smith House auction took place at a hotel - guess a one hour drive from Joes place. 

That happened 2008 at BS 5 (Joes Museum in Adamstown).

BS 5c.JPG

BS 5a.JPG

BS 5b.JPG