Global Shipping Program

Morbius

Found a vintage Corgi diecast in impeccable condition in Great Britain on ebay a while back.  Finally decided to BIN and have it shipped to Canada 1st class expedited mail.  Tracked it perfectly to Canada within 4 days then tracked it bit by bit to my local post office then tracked directly to my superbox about 100 feet from the house.  When I went to get it nothing there.  Canada Post dragged it out over the past week saying to check my bushes etc.. we have security cameras, 2 parrots and a dog...no one delivered it to the house.  Now I'm informed today that once Pitney Bowes Kentucky got hold of it, the parcel vanished. 

I've got an investigation going now from seller's end how our post office managed to track a package to my mailbox hour by hour from England and now they claim it didn't exist after Pitney Bowes got it.  Oddly enough we've had many items delivered to us in Canada through Amazon and other places, no matter how they ship it, it somehow gets into the hands of P.B., who repackage into a flimsy envelope...they seem to be the hub of everything.

Makes me think I'll have to use couriers for everything now.

This item I ordered had NOTHING to do with the GSP.  Was 1st class expedited to Canada from G.B.. and they STILL got hold of it.   A serious investigation is underway from the mailing point.  The seller is stellar, as perfect as they come and I've bought from him a few times over the years with no issues always straight through from Europe to Canada in good time.

Someone has to expose this thing with Pitney Bowes, how do they manage to get their hands on all this stuff even when not connected with the GSP?  I guess we must have a P.B. connection Canada that intercepts parcels and repacks.

My BIG question is What were they scanning all that time if the parcel didn't exist?   What a twisted mess.

Thank you Mike for your report! 

Its very clear to see, that the e-bay system has found one more way to treat their customers very badly.

Some days ago I bought a book in Great Britain with a BIN of 7,95 GBP. I had to pay another 3,90 GBP for shipping

on which the seller has not any profit. As we all know, he also has to pay fees to e-bay for that!!

But on top the E-bay / Paypal / PB or Global Shipping program charged me another 8,58 GBP ( = 9,99 Euro) for shipping it around

in Germany just to put a new label on it! So the book which was 7,95 GBP (not more as 5 GBP left for the seller I guess)

ended up at 20,43 GBP for me.  A complete nonsense service which simply double the prices - WTF! 

GSP102.JPG

Yes Dirk I feel your pain, I purchased a book last month, there was no word of GSP just plain shipping.  Book was $3.95 U.S. and $12 shipping.  By the time I received it will all the GSP charges I wasn't prepared for it was $29 in the end for a $4 book.

Don't know how Kentucky and Pitney Bowes gets away with this $#T.  As well as unpacking item, ditching the padding and repacking with no protection.

I think I'll have to do Courier only from now on.  Not collecting a lot of anything really these days but the few things I do...just not the fun it once was.  I purchased off ebay Kitahara's Robot Book large soft-cover last week, brand new never opened was in a collection a fellow was selling off.  Our letter carrier mutilated it, folded it and mashed it into our small super-mailbox 100 feet from my house.  Lasted 36  years perfectly until its last fate.  

I have a story that illustrates how scammery is the norm now. I was talking to the clerk at my local post office about how it's near impossible to get a clear list of countries that the US post office offers complete tracking to. He told me about a woman who sells her art on ebay who shipped a piece of art to a country with incomplete tracking and the buyer claimed they never got it. Ebay made the refund and she lost the piece. A few days later the same buyer tried to purchase the companion piece that goes with the first piece that was supposedly lost! It just boggles the mind that this type of behavior is just the way some people think is par for the course these days. Am I just getting old or is the world really going to hell in a hand basket like my grandfather use to say?

No Don it IS that bad now.  We really try not to leave the house much because of it...must be a lot of handbaskets full of hell for sure.  Then, OK we don't leave the house, order a little something and it becomes a total nightmare.  

Though not through eBay or GSP, I recently purchased some robots from the UK to be shipped to the US. After exploring options with the seller, I decided that I would prefer to go with the fastest shipping option to prevent the parcel from bouncing around in the mail system any longer than necessary. Understandably, this option was the most expensive, but worth it for the added peace of mind. This service that was set up through Parcel Force and was ultimately supposed to be handed off to FedEx somewhere in the course of the shipping process. Parcel Force accepted the package with the item description indicating, “plastic toys- no batteries.” However, when it came time for the package to be transferred from PF to FedEx, FedEx determined that the item description was not specific enough and refused to accept the package and complete delivery. This ultimately resulted in the service being downgraded to a lesser service and what was estimated to be a 2 day delivery took closer to 10 days at the cost of the premium service.

That's pretty crappy RoboDerby.  The whole system is a mess.   I've always thought like you I don't want the toy banging around longer than necessary.  With GSP your stuff (well mine anyway) tossed on to up of 22 to 25 trucks it's just unbelievable, how efficent is that?   Daughter Kelly found a rare vintage Breyer horse 2 years back with the seller being 200 miles away in the U.S.. It took a 5,000 mile (tracked)  journey from coast to coast Canada and U.S. then all over the continent for over a month before arriving in a battered box.  Horse was OK though.  Should've driven to get the thing.

And our post office had no idea what was going on.

One oddity though, a model building friend of mine and myself notice something about Chinese sellers on ebay, even those with 5,000 negatives.  We order model building stuff for $1.27 with free shipping and it shows up as advertised in a week or less, none of it gets lost travelling around the world.  Somehow they get it done.

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

Thank you Mike for your report! 

Its very clear to see, that the e-bay system has found one more way to treat their customers very badly.

Some days ago I bought a book in Great Britain with a BIN of 7,95 GBP. I had to pay another 3,90 GBP for shipping

on which the seller has not any profit. As we all know, he also has to pay fees to e-bay for that!!

But on top the E-bay / Paypal / PB or Global Shipping program charged me another 8,58 GBP ( = 9,99 Euro) for shipping it around

in Germany just to put a new label on it! So the book which was 7,95 GBP (not more as 5 GBP left for the seller I guess)

ended up at 20,43 GBP for me.  A complete nonsense service which simply double the prices - WTF! 

GSP102.JPG

Don't you just LOVE that large sticker they apply before dropping it at your door?  Nice advertising for anyone on the street passing.

12 minutes ago, Morbius said:

Don't you just LOVE that large sticker they apply before dropping it at your doorNice advertising for anyone on the street passing.

At least it is more subtle than those Amazon Prime boxes. 😜

It's a crime anyone's allowed to operate the way they do.  Worst thing is the original packing material the sender/seller being tossed out to create a smaller cheaper shipping price to send off and GSP pockets the difference.  Not to mention so-called 'duties' on $15 items, just tell us it's a handling fee.  Such crap.  I kid you not a $4 item can become close to $40 Canadian by the time I receive it through the program from the U.S..

Here's a great example of THEIR re-packing from a couple years back.  Multi-used soft worn out box full of air.

smashed package1.jpg

smashed package.jpg