• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• RoboDerby

• ROBODUDE

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Foki nay, man! That is one awesome little robot! I was surprised at just how tiny he is when you finally put him next to another robot for scale. If he’s just a “rough sketch”, the finished version is gonna be AMAZING! Like many artists (including me), you are far to critical of your own work, IMO. I am always seeing all the flaws in pieces of mine, while others are telling me  it looks just fine.

I know it’s partly imaginary on my part after putting down pieces I was convinced needed more work, only to come back sometime later to be unable to find the flaws that I was so sure were there before...

Thanks guys! 

You could be right to some extent Action Robot. Just as I have made a part and fitted it you can guarantee 2 minutes later I am thinking of a better way I could have done it!  I suppose if it looks ok (which is about the best praise I would give it) but if a few people like it then it’s a result and been worthwhile. I am starting another one tomorrow which I have no doubt will be different in several respects. None can and will be identical really.  🤖 👍 🍻 

I have started small copper/brass foki #2.  This one has a tabbed body, think I will make the tabs a bit smaller next time....they are certainly sturdy! 

Also thinking of putting tabs on the head on this one. Soldering is great, easy etc but it makes cleaning and polishing it up more work. Be ok if I was painting it. Dunno yet. I tend to change my mind and chop and change as go along. Hopefully it will turn out ok. 

Just started cutting the feet out of 3mm brass. These ones are a bit larger this time. This foki will be different in a few ways to the first one. Oh well, I best get on with it, it won’t make itself. 😂 

68E0BEF2-6FE1-43EE-B021-4172DE1B3F23.jpeg

C072716B-873B-457C-B892-44AF8DFA80E4.jpeg