Small scale metal Foki Robot

Ranger

Coming along nicely Ranger, the ears and rivets look great! I made a reference to Nobuo Yamashita's workshop previously but as RoboDerby pointed out Mr. Shibahara, of Shibakin Robot fame, is undeniably the modern Japanese master of handcrafted metal robots.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• RoboDerby

• ROBODUDE

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, yes but Yamashita robots are pretty cool designs to say the least. I would be very happy to be able to make something like this: 🤖 🍻 

AD66110D-2BB3-4DF2-B6A9-209DA9AE42A3.jpeg

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Coming along nicely Ranger, the ears and rivets look great! I made a reference to Nobuo Yamashita's workshop previously but as RoboDerby pointed out Mr. Shibahara, of Shibakin Robot fame, is undeniably the modern Japanese master of handcrafted metal robots.

Both artists’ work are incredible and I’d be proud to have either in my own collection. My assessment of comparing Paul’s Foki to these guys stems from my seeing that Yamashita’s robots are typically very colorful, while I have seen at least one of Shibahara’s that is a nice example of using a mixed bare metal design.

Had a bit of time this a.m. so I nipped into the workshop to get an idea re the metal to use and an approx size for the strip to go around the face. Well, if you can call it that, foki doesn’t really have a face does he. 🤔

It will look ok in the end....I hope! 😂252D3719-4F8F-4891-BCA3-4F8CBF8B8F0E.jpeg.9cc1d667c0f4da647780e7f039950cb2.jpeg

Not done much re the build as my daughter is home from overseas for a few weeks. Got some trial legs made and the mesh in his face. 

3EBF3683-F66C-45F1-B72C-29260A011CDD.jpeg

920457A0-D6BA-4CBE-A443-893834B7E91D.jpeg

Thanks. 🤔, copper face surround or brass? Made a brass one to see what it might look like. I think it could look ok. Wish I could make my mind up! 😂 553E4402-BF75-440D-AE13-345800DAD61C.jpeg.6bacbb2b3a01ac84e99f4955047d89a1.jpeg

B9DE6709-B93E-4ADD-9B20-0C5D637D0593.jpeg

Hmm, and maybe the ears in brass? 🤔

I think that would look good. 

Then maybe brass hands and feet. I will make some and see. 

🍻