Mini Dual drive robot base.

robothut

a short video on a Mini version of my dual gearmotor drive base. with links to thing-I-verse files in the you tube description section.

4 hours ago, Martian Gil said:

Awesome.   
I feel that I need to get a 3d printer.   seriously.

Heck yes Kirk. Please, let’s have some Kirkbots to add to the Riggbots, Hayesbots, and Andybots in our collections. At this rate, I may never get back around to the vintage tin on my list. If all goes well on my end, maybe I can trade you a RoboDerby original someday for one of your creations. And yes John, I see a 3D printer in my future as well. How could one not be inspired by the amazing work that you have done and continue to do?

I downloaded the 2 files

one of them are a pair of Sonicbot wheels.

I uploaded to 3DVieweronline because it measures .stl, obj files.

Are they suppose to be 32 mm in diameter?:breakit:📏

....and I ordered  2 Arduino motors- 1:48 ratio I believe.

The Mini Dual drive base only has 1 STL file. That one file has the base, the 2 wheels the battery latch and the skid. So I do not know what you mean when you say you down loaded the 2 files.

Link to mini dual drive. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3764083

The Large Dual drive base on thing-I-verse does have two STL files, one for the base and one for the wheels. so that must be what you are talking about. Thing link.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3193733

Oh phoooie....I did download the right files,

but opened a different one.

You see, I have a folder of Thingiverse files and had opened the wrong one. This seems to be the new one.

This measures 34 mm according to 3DVieweronline.

I hope my Blender program isn't changing the scale opening it up...If it's correct I'll go look for O-rings next.

wheel.jpg

I use a 1- 3/16 inch  inside D.  by 1- 7/16 inch outside d. 1/8 inch  thick O ring. 34mm is correct for the wheel hub outside d.