London 

Bone marrow appetizer 

Braised Ox Tongue 

Lamb Sweetbreads 

Paris 

Escargot

Notre Dame

Eiffel Tower

Arc de Triomphe (made it to the top 228 steps on a spiral staircase)

Scotland - Glasgow, Edinburgh 

Haggis

Many castles, abbeys including Caprington Castle where we met Dr. Joseph J Morrow Honorable Lord Lyon King of Arms during an official ceremony at the castle with TV personality Craig Ferguson’s wife Megan Wallace Cunningham in attendance and the William Wallace monument (248 steps in another spiral staircase 

12F67433-F119-44F2-A77A-500B40386E9E.jpeg

895BDA51-9773-4B2D-94B2-EA2C861E6C51.jpeg

AD796D1B-21C3-487A-B254-EFD4B4D6738D.jpeg

320D5B5D-DF5E-49FC-BBF8-0EE7AA7B0888.jpeg

1003EA91-B274-47DC-B800-A4B2E04C69F9.jpeg

3F14E212-FAE4-44AA-AD99-B773CBD91E7A.jpeg

2CDE41F0-B027-4382-864E-9FED17BFE07D.jpeg

Part II

F9B7FDB2-4F52-445C-9D21-D25750C5AADB.jpeg

4D3E898F-0F00-4B2A-8518-21A5455F5DA9.jpeg

F0A35D8D-BA1C-46AF-ADE6-44CEEC82D4C4.jpeg

1F4F84A1-76A4-4146-A356-D4BD03FBE52C.jpeg

BB3A8699-DE6E-452F-BAA8-506452FEB9EE.jpeg

A71BE89D-7BB2-4BCD-B63E-81B8B1602844.jpeg

5BD90A67-07C0-4AB6-97C2-352E33234511.jpeg

54E58D17-BC4E-4186-9764-C86224732DF4.jpeg

31893F98-384D-471A-A7C3-B9C92085D144.jpeg

F25F3C68-BE7D-44ED-B3F5-3FBC902A7D62.jpeg

What an amazing array of camera shots 📸....So much history.

I'd say you are making the most of your tour in England, 🇬🇧 Scotland.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The food, well, Braised Ox Tongue probably tasty but not sure I would be so brave.😬

Thank you very much for sharing these images; it's a real treat  you posted them for us on Alphadrome.

You both look like you enjoyed visiting the exotic locales.:thumbs:

Photo 6

The Eiffel Tower, that photo in no way gives the true size of the structure, it is massive 

Photo 7

Arc de Triomphe, 228 steps to the top through an internal spiral staircase, an elevator can bring you down if you like but not up unless you are disabled. There is a four lane roundabout that encircles the monument, pedestrian tunnels give you access back and forth 

Photo 14 

Did you notice that the Witch is “floating”

Photo 17 

Haggis, surprisingly good

Photo’s 18-19-20

Dunbarton Castle, built on and through a extinct volcano 73 meters 240 feet tall lots of steps to the top, I lost track, you would too lol 😆 the site has been occupied since the Iron Age, it overlooks the Clyde River in Dumbartonshire

Photo 21

IRN BRU, This carbonated bubble gum flavored ( to me at least )  energy drink is only available in Scotland and my best explanation is that it is their version of Red Bull, Caffeine is described as a flavoring and there is a colorful warning about how children are affected by this drink 

Photo 24

Kings throne room at Stirling Castle, and yes we would have been very benevolent rulers ( yeah right)

Photo 26

At the top of the Sir William Wallace tower monument ( yes THAT William Wallace from the movie “Braveheart” no sign of Mel Gibson)

Photo 27 

Sir William Wallace monument, 246 steps up a spiral staircase ( the structure in the center of the pictured tower is the internal spiral staircase) There are three rest areas or monument halls before you get to the top

67 meters ( 219+ feet tall) 

One last comment  

We took the trains everywhere we went, and whether it was the London Underground ( subway system) LNER rail lines, Eurostar ( to Paris), Scot rail or Virgin rail system, the trains were on time, modern, clean, efficient, incredibly smooth, quiet and very damn fast, I was very impressed.

Glad you liked Blighty Scotland and France.

Yeah we do have interesting quisenne.

In London you should have tried

Pie Mash liquor and stewed eels.

A London delicacy from the 1800s maybe even earlier.

There are still a few Pie and mash shops around.

When you've had it since a kid you get to love it.

You have a few aquired taste dishes in the US. I couldn't get on with grits. Ha

Hi Spark, 

We looked for eel, assumed that the St.Johns restaurant had it, may next year. As for grits my parents are from the southern Alabama coast if you had mine, slow cooked, seasoned with the right amount of salt, black pepper pepper and a large chunk of butter you’d love them. Some just add sugar ( not me ) some add shredded cheese ( your choice) I prefer to chop in a sunny side up egg or two and some crispy bacon, that with buttered toast with your choice of fruit preserves and that’s a meal anytime day or night (extra good after a late Friday or Saturday night), remember it’s just ground corn damn I’m hungry

Wow I've revalueated my opinion on grits.

Just shows you if you prepare anything with care it can be tasty.

While we are on the subject of food mainly in Northern Britain they go for eating tripe. The one food as until now I haven't been brave enough to try.

Odd British foods I've tried and liked are Oxtail stew, Faggots ( a sort of soft burger concoction ) Savaloy peas pudding and a deep fried mars bar. You should have tried that last one in Scotland.

Have you ever been to a Chinese Dim Sum restaurant, if not find one that specializes in dim sum not one that has just a few dim sum dishes and there should be tripe on the menu 

Dim sum in ancient China was made for the royalty, be brave try the chicken feet in red or brown sauce 

Mexican menudo soup has tripe in it but it not my favorite tripe dish

7 hours ago, Sparkrobot said:

While we are on the subject of food mainly in Northern Britain they go for eating tripe. The one food as until now I haven't been brave enough to try.

Mmmmm...tripe. I’ve had it off the grill, and also it is simply wonderful in African peanut butter soup.