Archer World Of Tomorrow playset

Joe K.

Joe, I’m pretty sure that I have seen those ships before. They were part of a space target set. The player looked through a cardboard box with a mirror inside, that reflected the space target below, on the box was four wood levers. When one of these levers was pressed, it dropped one of the needle ships onto the target. I cannot remember the name of the toy, but if I find a photo, I’ll post it.

Got it! On page 19 of Blast Off...it is called Rockets Away!

7D142676-0485-4280-A16F-D1A8325BBE09.jpeg.e3441c44c71126ee3e346c798fa72fca.jpeg

I bought one of the green pin rockets years ago and at the time I didn't know what to do with it.  I found this glass bud vase and viola!

1-P1010001.JPG

On 7/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, Tinplate6 said:

Joe, I’m pretty sure that I have seen those ships before. They were part of a space target set. The player looked through a cardboard box with a mirror inside, that reflected the space target below, on the box was four wood levers. When one of these levers was pressed, it dropped one of the needle ships onto the target. I cannot remember the name of the toy, but if I find a photo, I’ll post it.

Got it! On page 19 of Blast Off...it is called Rockets Away!

7D142676-0485-4280-A16F-D1A8325BBE09.jpeg.e3441c44c71126ee3e346c798fa72fca.jpeg

IMO one of the most nice spaceship-themed vintage gameboard piece.

E.

BTW: Of that game there exist a French, a Spanish and an Italian edition (that I partially own). Here is the BGG link where I posted the info on it:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/26045/rockets-away-sensational-space-travel-game

Phil...you are really creative!

Ervino, it does have great graphics, I'll agree with that...but I wonder how many kids misjudged the target and ended up getting a ship stuck in their shoe?

31 minutes ago, Tinplate6 said:

Phil...you are really creative!

Ervino, it does have great graphics, I'll agree with that...but I wonder how many kids misjudged the target and ended up getting a ship stuck in their shoe?

Good! At least in that way they learned to be cautious...😸

With all those incredibly dangerous toys, it's a miracle that our generation has grown old enough to have kids, isn't? Surely better today, with the young ones (and not only them) with their noses always on their phone/tablet, grumble, grumble...😹😹😹

• 3 weeks later...

Some really fascinating sci-fi game history here. Before there was Space Invaders there was ... Rockets Away!

It's like in Back to the Future III when Marty plays the real-life Wild Gunmen. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Blaze Atoms said:

Some really fascinating sci-fi game history here. Before there was Space Invaders there was ... Rockets Away!

It's like in Back to the Future III when Marty plays the real-life Wild Gunmen. :biggrin:

Gotcha! 👏👏👏