RoboDerby’s Robot Cabinet

RoboDerby

Well, it took no time at all to fill up my first robot cabinet. I am pleased to share with you all my collection so far. Thanks to everyone who has helped with some lovely additions. I may be able to squeeze in a couple more. But, I am currently on the hunt for a larger cabinet as some are already being hidden by others, especially my Robot Hut Golden Sonic and my Metal House hex heads, which are hardly visible at all now. Not to mention the majority of my boxes have been exiled to a towering stack on the top of the cabinet. DOH!! Also, if any look particularly rare or expensive, they are most likely repros. ;-)

30A00BC8-3747-43E3-BC8B-EC033D9C2950.thumb.jpeg.56039771674977a8de9e3a8ef738ca91.jpeg10068BB4-AF19-408C-A459-09FDC16BD85A.thumb.jpeg.10144b0b515b619c7e178c00eca0a401.jpeg07AAD9EE-AEC8-45A1-8CF9-2784C0413A68.thumb.jpeg.3dfd627a2d4973781c65c58e4ec61294.jpeg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoboDerby

• Roboto

• Ranger

• K-9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fun stuff!   I'll second Stephane - great variety and super to look at.

Thanks for sharing - cheers!

That Futureliner will always stand out - great piece.  :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Martian Gil said:

Fun stuff!   I'll second Stephane - great variety and super to look at.

Thanks for sharing - cheers!

That Futureliner will always stand out - great piece.  :thumbs:

Thanks! You are right about the Futurliner. It will indeed always stand out, much like Roboz and John Rigg :-)

5 minutes ago, SAL said:

Good collection, and you have the all important Mr Atomic.

Love that Mr. Atomic. He’s an OTTI repro. But, still looks wonderful amongst his fellow cabinet members.

1 hour ago, 6Stelab9 said:

Very nice and varied collection. Congratulations.

Thanks 6Stelab9! Though I had initially intended to stick to tin battery operated robots from Japan, I am quite happy that my tastes have expanded to include others as well. I especially love my John Rigg and Andybots pieces and will always be looking to add more. I also feel quite lucky to have been able to add a Papa San Alphadrome robot considering that I am a newer member and wasn’t around when they were originally sent out to the OG Alphadromers. Now if I can just get some of Brian’s work in there...

Really quite nice - very eclectic with a little of everything. I like Directional and Marx robots in the mix and the display looks great! Always a good idea not to overcrowd the display...

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Really quite nice - very eclectic with a little of everything. I like Directional and Marx robots in the mix and the display looks great! Always a good idea not to overcrowd the display...

Thanks K9. I was going to try and pick up a new cabinet tomorrow. But I decided to wait until I find a second hand cabinet that is just right. Though, I definitely need to get one soon as it is unlikely that I can exercise the restraint necessary to keep from adding more robots in the meantime. Can’t wait to share the new display once I have one.

Fantastic pieces in there and very well displayed.  Quite the selection of all types, I love it all, the Directional Robot is a stunning piece especially with its scarce/rare original box.

On 6/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, Roboto said:

Great looking robots within the cabinet! And so it begins with 1 cabinet and more to come!

Thanks Roboto. With the addition of a blue Mr. Monster today, there are officially no vacancies in the robot cabinet. Hopefully I can find a larger second cabinet in the next week or two. 

4FE935D1-8A46-4CAC-8618-C14916799C16.jpeg

14 hours ago, Andyman said:

Looking good, Jeremy! Top shelf? What an honor.

Thanks Andy. Admittedly, the cabinet is currently not organized by preference so much as where I can fit everything. Lol. I am officially out of space in robot cabinet one. That said, my Andybots are certainly “top shelf” robots regardless of where they are displayed in the cabinet and I am proud to have them.

On 6/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, Morbius said:

Fantastic pieces in there and very well displayed.  Quite the selection of all types, I love it all, the Directional Robot is a stunning piece especially with its scarce/rare original box.

Thanks Morbius! The Directional was definitely a score with the original box in fantastic condition. Though, when the budget allows, I do hope to find an example of the robot itself in better working condition. Cosmetically, however, it is indeed very nice and looks great in the cabinet for sure!