Kudos to the silent ones

Fineas J. Whoopie

My apologies to Brian for not having the strength to resist being fished into the recent Pyrotomic Kerfuffle. I do know better but I am easily baited. Kudos for those who were smart enough to stay above the fray (basically everyone! LOL). I am done. I hope!

Holy cow! I just read through that thread Fineas and I had already seen the eBay listing prior to any knowledge of the discussion here. I am lightyears from being an expert on robots, ray guns, space toys or anything else for that matter. But, I can’t say I blame the ones who spoke up all things considered.

My new Papa San Alphadrome robot is one of my absolute favorite pieces and one that I am most proud to have in my cabinet for good reason. This is because of my love for this site, and my respect and admiration for those members who have shared their knowledge, those who have welcomed me kindly, those who I have received advice from and those who I have purchased robots from, including yourself.

I appreciate you all and I am personally offended by anyone that would sully this lovely community and valuable forum with sarcasm, word twisting, and outright rudeness. I regret that anyone had to put up with this nonsense and unwarranted disrespect. Kudos to YOU sir, to Rocket, to Brian and to Andyman who most certainly cannot be faulted for calling this guy out on this particular occasion.

Hold on a sec. I'm going to my bedroom drawer. BRB.............

Nope, no money, only underwear. ;-)

Seeing this guy's "posts" almost makes you wish the forum was still down.

Still, at least I enjoyed the little "You lost me after "It's..."" put down. 

He's not worth the keystrokes as I found out yesterday. I think he believes there are hundreds of very rich, very stupid collectors following the thread just waiting for him to convince them to spend $25K on his toy. He is one of these people (no names) who think people are dumb enough to believe any claim he makes about the other posts in the thread regardless of reality. Anyone who can read can see he is twisting, spinning and liying his ass off about what we have actually said in our posts. Little does he know there are probably no more than 30 people following the thread. Personally I think the guy watches too much American Pickers.

15 hours ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

He's not worth the keystrokes as I found out yesterday. I think he believes there are hundreds of very rich, very stupid collectors following the thread just waiting for him to convince them to spend $25K on his toy. He is one of these people (no names) who think people are dumb enough to believe any claim he makes about the other posts in the thread regardless of reality. Anyone who can read can see he is twisting, spinning and liying his ass off about what we have actually said in our posts. Little does he know there are probably no more than 30 people following the thread. Personally I think the guy watches too much American Pickers.

Yeah, he didn't leave enough meat on the bone for me. :biggrin:

I’m staying the heck away from posting on that thread myself. But, Martian Gil’s last comment represents my thoughts well and though I have already touched on some of this in an earlier comment, I thought I’d elaborate further in light of what MG posted in the Pyrotomic thread.

It certainly didn’t take long for me to realize between AD, eBay, and FB what a small world the robot/space toy collectors community is. I love how welcoming, encouraging and kind everyone has been and I would never want to risk showing any disrespect to the members or to the forum itself. I consider every robot that I have purchased from an Alphadrome member to be an absolute treasure as it truly comes with its own special history thanks to this wonderful site. In fact the only robot that I have purchased with prior knowledge that it did not work was the Papa San Alphadrome Planet Hayes. Despite its current lack of function, this robot is one of my most prized due to my love of this forum and my admiration for its members. I even cut out and save the shipping labels of the robots that I purchase from Alphadromers to help keep the history intact. This guy really seems to have no idea how difficult he has likely made it for him to ever sell this item for any price or even purchase another from any member who has seen his thread. It seems to me he would most certainly be better off simply apologizing and owning up to his mistake rather than to continue pressing the issue and making an unsavory spectacle of himself. Anyway, points to you Martian Gil for attempting to make him aware of his error in a polite manner.