Three Stage Cap Bomb Rocket, Made in Hong Kong, 60s/70s?

space.trucks

Had one or two of these things as a kid but nothing this elaborate. I recall a smallish metal one that was always a favorite thing to take out into the driveway. Had seen examples of this form around before this turned up: NoS but badly smushed by storage over time, obtained to be opened for diorama pix & affordable enough to consider going back for another (you know where to look, shouldn't be hard to find). Softer "army man" type plastic, overall poor, shabby construction just due to the kind of plastic it's made out of. Doesn't look right when assembled but in pieces, I like it and the astronaut is certainly different. Gorgeous little header card.

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

Discoloration is actually the thickness of the plastic diminishing to almost nothing. Must have been a long day at the plant there in HK.

IMG_4772.jpg

Totally squashed over time just sitting in its crate with others piled on top. And note how the astronaut notches on with 2 pegs through 2 holes.

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4779a.jpg

IMG_4779b.jpg

Just how this gets "released" is beyond me. No instructions or guide image. I guess you just gots ta know.

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

Wild.

IMG_4785.jpg

Just under ten inches complete. The blue stage screws in place so it's not going anywhere. Does it just get bounced off when the nosecone hits pavement?

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

Better in sections. Red stage could be some sort of weird altar to the Spaceman God.

IMG_4840.jpg

With my other Cap Bomb and a still unidentified hard plastic rocket I keep in the same case.

xIMG_4831.jpg

Yeah he's cool. Very different.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry. Would edit it if I could but don't see an EDIT option, only + and Quote.

Maybe just delete the thread. OK by me.