Two Space Guns: Friction Pistol (Chap Mei, 1996) and Gizmo Gun (Lica "8102", date unknown)

space.trucks

Not really my bag but figure they might be of interest. Have had these 1998, found by a roommate who was an avid dumpster diver. Would enjoy learning more about either if anybody recognizes them.

IMG_4127.jpg

Calling this one a "Friction Pistol" as it has a sparker device (not sure what to call it) similar to a friction drive which turns when squeezing the trigger.

IMG_4129.jpg

"Chap Mei 1996 / All Rights Reserved / Made In China"

IMG_4131.jpg

Always reminds me of the basic hand weapon from Quake II. 

IMG_4133.jpg

This one electronic, powered by 2 AAs, less fond of it's design but to my surprise it works.

IMG_4134.jpg

I believe the foil tag says "TOY WONDERS", nice inspection label and "MADE IN CHINA". 

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

Not sure if STUN GUN ONLY was something we added? He had also found a label printer. Lots of laughs with that thing.

IMG_4138.jpg

That the label isn't trimmed neatly to the frame makes me think it was probably us. 

IMG_4139.jpg

"8102" and "LICA" with a logo.

IMG_4140.jpg

Spins when firing.

Some video. Have since deciphered the "Lica" stamp, will amend the metadata next login. There's other toy videos on my channel as well.