Rocket Launching Space Tank, Made In Japan Rack Toy

space.trucks

Very fond of this thing. Dead simple design, sexy curved lines, rocket launcher kicks. Came assembled but fell apart almost immediately after being "opened" (blister was held on card with staples) and I guess it's a simple model kit more than a toy. Not interested in gluing together so I keep it stored disassembled & piece it together when in use.

01IMG_4160.jpg

02IMG_4158.jpg

All hard plastic. Treads peg onto base but do not rotate. No markings anywhere, if anyone can name the manufacturer I'd love to know.

03IMG_4168.jpg

04IMG_4166.jpg

No sprechen sie Japanese; Assembly instructions seem to imply that the plate holding the radar assembly attaches through the bottom but I can attest it will not reach all the way through unless it is inside. Or maybe I'm just not getting something yet?

05IMG_4179.jpg

One axle stayed in place when it first fell very easily into pieces, have let it be.

IMG_4185.jpg

Rocket launcher works via spring tension created when you slide the rocket onto its spoke and fix it under a notch towards the release control.

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

xIMG_4209.jpg

In application, with copies of Giant mini space soldiers & other plastic tanks by Marx + Ideal.

zIMG_4200.jpg

Space Tank Advance Halted By Minefield

this is a smaller version of the Midori "Vanguard" Space Tank model kit . As you can see this toy / model (Japanese title should be something like "Space Missile Tank") is very simplified when compared to the original and has no Midori logo... so inspired is the best way to describe it.

JCC

MIDORI_VANGUARD_BU.JPG

midori baby_vanguard.jpg

Oh Jesus, I gotta have one of those now ... 100% correct: went back to my purchase history and the listing info states "Vanguard Space Missile Tank". Thank you!!