2 different Alpia Bazooka aliens

SERIOUSBOB

A friend in Italy just sent me the Alpia Alien Bazooka man. What I didn't know is that there seems to be 2 different versions of it. Version one w/o the base is the only one I have ever seen, except for the photo in Playset Magazine which I thought was the same as mine & never examined it closely, till last week. Different bazooka, different head & helmet, different uniform, backpack etc. He always reminded me of The Thing from the '50'S movie.

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

Hi Bob!

FWIK, of the Alpia Alien Bazooka man there should be around at least about a dozen variations.

They can have:

1) long/short bazooka barrel;

2) different color (metallic bronze, metallic green and metallic blue are the ones I have seen for sure);

3) different head shape (at least 3 types);

4) different body texture (at least 3 types);

5) with/without base.

I dunno if there exist every possible combinations of these 5 elements. Not probable, IMO, but who knows.

Below is the only one that I have for now.

E.

BTW: I always found them similar to those "Ancient Aliens" figures. You know, the ones from Palenque, Nazca, etc....:biggrin:

alpia copia.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Wow, nice spacemen guys...I wish a friend would send me one!!!

They are costly enough: not at the level of one of the 4 Alpia aliens or of one of the 8 Alpia Spacemen with its helmet, but still tipically they go from 100 bucks up...

I guess Alpia did the same thing for their alien bazooka men as they did w/ their selenite robots. Basically the same w/ some variations on the body armor, arm positions, etc... I did pay $100 for the one w/o out the base on e-bay about 2 years ago. I was expecting this huge bidding war & was surprise that no one else bid on it. So who knows.

Nice blue one btw----

• 4 months later...

I thought that I had both of the versions for this Bazookaman, but now I see that I was mistaken!  I have a metallic blue example that matches the based version above to the last detail,  And I also have a metallic green example that matches SeriousBob's baseless green piece, but the based green version below it, with that monster gun, that I have never seen before!  Oh well, back to the search I go.  Each of the three is clearly a unique sculpt too.  Even the facial expressions vary.

I have a matching set of the Alpia robots too, and even though they look very similar at a glance you can see with further study that all of their detailing is unique on each.  Here's a photo of those four as they invade my 1950's kitchen tabletop...

Alpia Bergamo's 4 Robots with Spinners (my set).jpg

43 minutes ago, ejpetrie said:

I thought that I had both of the versions for this Bazookaman, but now I see that I was mistaken!  I have a metallic blue example that matches the based version above to the last detail,  And I also have a metallic green example that matches SeriousBob's baseless green piece, but the based green version below it, with that monster gun, that I have never seen before!  Oh well, back to the search I go.  Each of the three is clearly a unique sculpt too.  Even the facial expressions vary.

I have a matching set of the Alpia robots too, and even though they look very similar at a glance you can see with further study that all of their detailing is unique on each.  Here's a photo of those four as they invade my 1950's kitchen tabletop...

Alpia Bergamo's 4 Robots with Spinners (my set).jpg

@ejpetrie You lucky, lucky guy! Those 4 "Robotmen of the ALPIAcaliypse" are GORGEOUS!!! If you ever decide to part from them... DROOOOOL!😺

BTW: Did you see this thread?

Yes I did see that, Ervino, and I must have devoted a half-hour to poring over the images, emerald green with envy the entire time! (Aaaaarrrrgh;hh!  Once again I burn with the flames of the damned!  This has not been a good night for me at all!)   What a great set!  My favorite is the gold robot (?) pulling the control lever on the console.  Was that piece molded in two pieces?  They are all just great.  So were the Chocovaders I saw on this site tonight too.  I need more money and a better source!

2 hours ago, ejpetrie said:

Yes I did see that, Ervino, and I must have devoted a half-hour to poring over the images, emerald green with envy the entire time! (Aaaaarrrrgh;hh!  Once again I burn with the flames of the damned!  This has not been a good night for me at all!)   What a great set!  My favorite is the gold robot (?) pulling the control lever on the console.  Was that piece molded in two pieces?  They are all just great.  So were the Chocovaders I saw on this site tonight too.  I need more money and a better source!

OK, so to make you even more miserable (but in a friendly way, of course!😺) here is a "family photo" with some color variations of the Plasten Spacemen & Robots. The eggplant-hued shuttle in the background wheights more than half a kilo...

IMG_1730.jpg.34f7db0e39da598e4ac5c10d205b5ebc.jpg