"Space-Age Rocket" Made in Hong Kong Space Artillery

space.trucks

01IMG_3595.jpg

Was NoS but the bag looked like it had been used as a sponge & vendor had it priced accordingly. Obtained to be opened and utilized as a stage piece for photographic work. Will eventually seek out another to keep sealed because this thing is surprisingly cool. 

02IMG_3556.jpg

Hard plastic, more pink than this coral tinting by my work lamp. And in spite of appearances is actually quite robust & very entertainingly functional. Test launched two or three times to great satisfaction. I usually do arm the rocket for pix but immediately release it and keep it bagged up in this state.

03IMG_3557.jpg

Now what's super cool -- and apologies if this is a subject which has been covered before -- is that I'd obtained it a ways before becoming absorbed by the Spacex Borg-Machine just because it looked cool & was intrigued by it being functional. Later on while assimilating the data on the GA website found this:

http://www.triangspacextoys.info/SpGAderv/LPHK/LPhkRBpk/xLP_Dlmr/xLP_Dlmr.html

And this:

http://www.triangspacextoys.info/SpGAderv/LPHK/LPhkSmTy/LPexplCr/LPexplCrC.html

Bingo. No clue what the significance might be if any, but it's defo the same rocket launcher design all over that stuff, and again my apologies if the subject has been covered on other threads previously. Coming late to the Golden Astronaut party for sure but I'm stoked to have had another link in that chain of insanity all along. 

04IMG_3560.jpg

The only marking.

06IMG_3563.jpg05IMG_3562.jpg 

Some sweet detailing. Scale is perfect for two to three inch spaceman forms.

07IMG_3564.jpg

Badass. For those unfamiliar with the mechanism you push the rocket's tail end into the muzzle and once the spring has worked all the way back turn the metal latch at the very end to hold in place. Then release it to launch & that thing flies real good. Would like to score a couple extra rockets just to have em stacked up next to it on some sort of rack. 

08IMG_3576.jpg

In application. I feel sorry for kids these days who don't have potentially dangerous toys like this to learn the hard way to be respectful of.

09IMG_3581.jpg

"FIRE FOR EFFECT."

10IMG_3591.jpg

" Oh yeah ... That's gonna put someone's eye out"