Avon "Space Mission Decanter" + Bubble Toy Space Ships

space.trucks

This stuff is hilarious. Would never have known that space vehicles + soap go together and yet it kind of makes sense.

01IMG_3175.jpg

Had to have this thing and apologies if it is a subject which has been covered before.

02IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

"Containers Made In Italy."

IMG_3178.jpg

... All I can say is that it was a damn sight bigger than I'd expected and most hilariously still has the soap inside. Never used! LOL, and heavy with all that liquid soap in there.

IMG_3182.jpg

Opened this up and was like, WTF ???

IMG_3183.jpg IMG_3184.jpg

I guess that's the star drive section. Softer flexible shampoo bottle type plastic. Durable & sturdy.

IMG_3185.jpg IMG_3186.jpg

Crew module, and the labels are the only kind of markings on the forms. Leaving them be for now.

IMG_3189.jpg

At current the largest spaceship in my collection. And it's a bubble bath container. With shampoo.

IMG_3191.jpg

Still full ... Is 30 year old bubble bath safe to use?? I could chew some 50 year old PLONG bubble gum while taking a bath.

IMG_3192.jpg

Damnedest part is, that's actually cool .... But I wonder if the labels should both be on the same side? Only one way to fit the two stages together, so.

IMG_3196.jpg

Some decent moulding work there. Was wishing this was the upright configuration but a protrusion on what would be the the bottom always makes it tip over on its side. Then again if you're floating it in a bathtub it doesn't matter, just like it space. Pretty cool.

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

Docking maneuver. Haven't done anything with it yet either just because takes up this entire surface, which I use as my diorama platform.

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

These are the "unknowns", and are bubble blowing toys obtained from a vendor based in Greece: Lower one stamped "Made In China" on upper nacelle. One fills them with a bubble solution and blows from the end opposite the yellow ring. Though in my estimation as space ship designs both have their forward ends pointing towards the 8 here. Pretty sure.

IMG_3200.jpg

Lower one stamped "Made In China" on rounded section. No other markings on either.

IMG_3202.jpg

Like yeah, those are cool too. 

IMG_3204.jpg

What convinced me to give those a try was this thing, 2018 Hot Wheels creation called Bubble Matic that in my opinion is absolutely 100% based on a UFO form. Has to be.

IMG_3205.jpg

The ring fixture flips up, you dip it in your bubble solution and go to town. Also looks like a radar fixture and definitely sports retro Art Deco rocket car lines. Though if you ask me Mattel dropped the ball by not having a reservoir in the vehicle for the solution. Only part that is metal is the base and according to Race Grooves a surprisingly effective track performer. Just, LOL.

IMG_3227.jpg

... It's like, I'm sorry, but that's cool

IMG_3260.jpg

Task Force Bubblebath, on Operation Clean Rinse.

• 2 months later...

Found that the Avon item has some siblings, as this "Space Mission Decanter"...

asmc.jpg

...or the "Space Invaders Dispenser"!😸

AVON - Space invaders dispenser1.jpg

AVON - Space invaders dispenser3.jpg

AVON - Space invaders dispenser2.jpg

4 hours ago, ervino said:

asmc.jpg

🚀very coOL...I like the Space Patroller decanter...SKYLAB was the thing in the 70's and this decanter is  a clever  resemblance without much deviation in manufacturing them....even the cap is well done as a rocket nozzle.🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...