Another Variation of the Space Explorer Dart Gun

Joe K.

Anyone have an idea how that bulbous dart is supposed to function? The dart seems slightly familiar although I agree it probably doesn't go with this gun. I think I have seen that dart somewhere else.....

I have never seen the Solar Commander version of the card but it seems to be by the same artist as the Space Explorer version of the card.

The green color of the shaft of that mortar dart makes me think it originally came with a military type toy gun, like a Johnny Seven OMA.

or...

The Star Trek Rocket Pistol:

STAR_TREK_ROCKET_PISTOL_REMCO.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe K. said:

The green color of the shaft of that mortar dart makes me think it originally came with a military type toy gun, like a Johnny Seven OMA.

or...

The Star Trek Rocket Pistol:

STAR_TREK_ROCKET_PISTOL_REMCO.jpg

This is the gun the 1st season laser pistols on Lost in Space were made from I believe.

4 hours ago, kennetzel said:

This is the gun the 1st season laser pistols on Lost in Space were made from I believe.

I hear Spock is an excellent shooter :pfft:

The other difference in regards to this variation is that only the lightning bolt design is highlighted with paint. The stars elsewhere on the gun are not.

Here's a related thread from 2010 illustrating this:

The yellow grenade with the green shaft is from a REMCO Monkey Division Okinawa grenade pistol.  Also used as a Hamilton's Invaders toy and, as shown a Star Trek toy.

David.

Despite the fact that we ID'd the gun, and the dart...and since the dart is most likely not original, are we even sure the gun goes with this card as well? It's possible that neither was on this card to begin with.

I believe the card variation goes with the gun.  Physically they (the  Space Explorer and the Space Commander cards) look identical to me, not only the dimensions as related to the gun and the unique fold across the middle creating the strap for the barrel, but even the way the strap tears on both versions.  Of course I could be wrong. I would personally be more open to the idea that the Commander card was originally for a different gun if someone (Richard?) could show me a card for a different gun with these same physical attributes. My nerd-out for the day!