Mr. Monster Mash "up" 3d printed robot.

robothut

If you rotate the gear box so that the large outside cranks are to the back you will now be able to fit in the outside legs. The outside legs differ from the inside legs in that they have vertical lever parts that will be used to move the arms. Make sure the legs have the lever parts toward the back, other wise you will not be able to get the arm levers in place. Nothing gets glued so if you do it wrong you can just take the legs out and move them to the other side.

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04975.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• ROBODUDE

• RoboDerby

• Philo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now work the body back part on to the legs and solder any wiring you need to do to the motor, LED's or switch. Now you can rest the arms "arm levers" into the body front. Bring the body back up to position and screw it together at the shoulder points and the bottom of the body . Note how the arm levers are positioned.

Also these pictures are of the test mechanical spinning light effect, normaly there would just be LED's glued into the eyes and ears then connected to the switch in the gearbox .

DSC04976.jpg

DSC04977.jpg

DSC04978.jpg

The purple filaments come in different shades. But nothing the  same as the original. What about new colors for the build ?

purple filament 2.jpg

PurpleFilament1.jpg

purplefilament3.jpg

I like the top one the best John-but any of them would look good I think. This is exciting !!!!

That is really coOL...You read my mind, John. Ever since I saw the post of one of those robots with a problem (since fixed)

I wondered what they looked like in motion....That is a rare pokemon' indeed.:biggrin:

Looks great John! I think a two tone with any of 2 of the 3 purple colors above would look cool. The eyes might also look cool in one of the purple colors. Though I don’t know much about filaments and their quality in regards to translucence.

I wanted to test out a mechanical mouth scanner effect and I wanted to see what it looks like if the arms move opposite each other. Also since the body has alternately flashing lights what id the eyes flash at the same time but opposite the ears that flash at the same time. Trying to mix it up so things look more involved. The legs this time are silver gray, the arms are white, the battery cover is black and the body is a translucent green. The antenna is silver. The only thing I do not like about translucent filaments for body's is that the infill pattern will show up in the thicker parts and this can distract from the surface design elements some times. Also all translucent filaments are less flexible. For example a gray or white will bend a bit sort of like a styrene plastic model kit part will, but no the translucent filaments.

DSC04992.jpg

DSC04993.jpg

DSC04994.jpg

DSC04995.jpg

DSC04997.jpg

The mechanical scanning effect is done with a cam on the antenna rod and moving arm that holds a LED.

DSC04991.jpg