Robot Christmas today!!!

RoboDerby

I have only been interested in collecting for about a month now. But I am pretty thrilled with my quickly growing collection. Though I intend to take the time soon to photograph and video all of my robots, for now I thought that I would share just the wonderful additions that arrived in the mail today. My sincerest thanks to Roboz, Roboto, and Marco from VST for these incredible new treasures.

D4934BF5-3FBC-4B69-A5EA-532A685BFEAC.jpeg

1AB66D24-6F0E-4785-B64D-F5C1FB093B52.jpeg

070BEB56-BBCD-464A-8E47-879088D56A7A.jpeg

8000750B-971B-4A29-9030-D39A426AD62B.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Roboto said:

What a fantastic start to your collection!  :thumbs:

Tell me about it! I am simply beside myself with excitement and appreciation. Looking forward to many new future additions. Thanks Roboto. The Space Doom is glorious! 😋 

Here is the rest of my collection so far. I plan to break out the camera gear soon and take some better pics. Also working on finding a glass cabinet for display.

0A676371-3559-44B7-B450-BDC0D9B453C7.jpeg

4DF88B07-3E46-4FCE-AD44-29DED07A181E.jpeg

6912878D-79B5-42D2-A03D-C90D8446B20D.jpeg

E6B33E85-98BB-46F0-929B-C0800EC383F9.jpeg

3CCDF973-BFB3-4B45-99D0-0A2260CBEEC1.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Roboto said:

Great additions and that Engine Robot really stands out!!

Thanks Roboto! Now, if only I could find more Space Dooms....😜

2 hours ago, Andyman said:

You have apparently jumped in feet first. Congrats!

Thanks Andyman! Just trying to get a good initial collection together before slowing down on my additions. No...really...I swear...just a couple more. 🤣

43 minutes ago, RoboDerby said:

Thanks Roboto! Now, if only I could find more Space Dooms....😜

I just listed a Space Doom in a rare all Red color I hope to list another next week!

Fantastic RoboDerby!  Difficult to beat that bus from Oz, all three you have dealt with are fantastic folks.

Welcome to Alphadrome!!!!  We've spoken before somewhere else.:thumbs:

Great start to your addiction errr...hobby.

5 minutes ago, Morbius said:

Dilemma is this in regard to cabinets...$$ on the cabinet or another vintage toy?  Grates on us continually.

Actually, there are plenty of options available in the FB marketplace, many well under $100-$200 and a few even being given away. If anyone is ever seeking a deal on display cabinets, I highly recommend checking there. My issue is that many of the taller cabinets are only about 2 feet wide, which doesn’t allow many to be put on a shelf without crowding them. I have a friend who offered to give me one without shelves. But, I can have some new shelves cut at the glass shop, relatively inexpensively, I believe. It sounds like the size that I am looking for. I’m awaiting pictures from him this evening. But yes, the retail cost of any of these that are of decent quality can be discouraging.