My Aussie Holy Grail has been found and purchased

ANZinSpace

Almost 8 years ago to the days I posted this topic -

on the Fethalite Disintegrator gun. Well today I found the actual ray gun and purchased it.

It's not in mint or even very good condition. It has a number of issues

1 - The barrel is broken at the tip, so no sight

2 - The battery cover is missing

3 - The the light cover is missing

4 - The chamber cover on the magazine is loose

However, given I've never seen one anywhere, not even in a photo, there was no way I was going to pass on this even in it's damaged condition.

When it turns up I will post more details

Fethalite Disintegrator 1.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 2.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 3.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 4.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 5.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 6.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 7.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 8.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 9.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 10.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 11.jpg

Fethalite Disintegrator 12.jpg

Indeed, still worth owning...That's a rare pokemin'.

Looks like it could be 3D printed....Interesting to see a  'Tommy Gun' look on this Space Gun.

so many treasures out there, a lot I never seen before.

Interesting shape. Congratulations. It's often better to have an unperfect toy than nothing. I bet you had a real good thrill when you saw it. Where did you find it?

In answer to the questions. I found this on eBay by chance. I was on there to give feedback for the space flyer I'd got this week and while there I thought I should check my saved searches. On one a Moldex spaceman showed up. I checked it out and it was one I already had. So I checked the sellers other items and the Disintegrator showed up.

As to markings, at this stage I can't say and as others have found even if it's made here, there's a chance that they didn't add their mark to it as it was most likely made using a mold leased from the US.

• 2 weeks later...

The next will be the helmet (seen the n the advert) that goes with it.

My major category holy grail is Aussie space helmets. Lots of adverts, very few pictures and except for the Mars Man helmet very few recent sightings.

Some were apparently made with felt, others in cane/raffia, and occaisionally plastic. So there may not be many that survived. Others may exist but not recognised as they were rebadged copies of things like police helmets, soldiers helmets etc.

This is my next research project.

• 1 year later...

I think you'll be pleased to see a photo of the (slightly modified and likely repainted) 1954 Fethalite Disintegrator Gun used as a movie prop in the 1955 Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin film Artists and Models, per the June 23, 2020 Cinesavant (Glenn Erickson) BLU-RAY and DVD review column.

https://cinesavant.com/

6350raygun64.jpg