Unknown Spaceship/Plane

Tinman

This recently sold at auction but I've never seen it before; any ideas on what this is?  It was identified as being 7.5 inches long with ejecting pilot, and obviously has missing parts.

$41 (Mar 2019)_1.jpg$41 (Mar 2019)_2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello

This a model (or assembled model sold as toy ... this happens) from I think ARII ... mid sixties I think

JCC

Thanks JCC, just found your reply.  The friction motor doesn't say model to me but I'll see if I can find one.

Friction / clockwork motors , spring-loaded rocket launchers were a mainstay of Japanese SF models of the sixties and well into the seventies. Only with Imai Macross kits and Bandai Space Cruiser Yamato did we got "serious" SF kits comparable to what was done for real ships (Yamato) or aircraft (Macross).

Beside it was not uncommon to see the same SF design being issued in both kit and assembled format and you also have some companies playing the A, B, C system : A is the largest model, B is medium size and C is pocket-money size...usually very basic.

JCC