Top Posters In This Topic

• kennetzel

• robert

• Morbius

• RoboDerby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Andyman, every year was lots of fun when we were all in FULL hunting mode (which apart from the odd piece still not on our shelves *Altaira and I are not anymore).  Times have changed a bit for us anyway. Most of the Botstocks *Altaira and I attended was when our dollar was at par with the U.S., made it much easier without the -35% difference.  

Chicago is one helluva nice show, I think it was 2005 Robotnut and I attended.  Quite the weekend experience for sure more eye-candy than you could imagine of every collectable toy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ken, as I was outside today...sunny and coolish with a nice breeze, all I could think about is this is the exact weather we had for most Botstock meetings at Joe's. Thought if I got into the car and went around the corner I'd see the Blackhorse Hotel...then realized it's some 400 miles south and slightly east of where I am.  Disappointed that Kelly and I aren't there this year.  She has her job working many long days at a time at a local family run plant nursery/greenhouse retail store.

I suppose life's caught up with a lot of us over the last while, we're all a similar demographic.  House needed new roof, ventilation systems, plumbing and wiring among other things going on here, not much $$$ left for other pursuits these days.

We do have those great memories of meeting at the Robot Museum with our most wonderful host Joe Knedlans, others will recall west-coast and Chicago conventions (that was an incredible experience in itself).  Many items hunted down and bought while there, times we'll never forgot.

One day we'll have to do it again, like meeting with family only better and more fun!!!!

Cheers  Joe. And of course John Rigg for all the wonderful things they've both done for Botstock over the years.

Thanks for all the great memories and hope for more to come.

giphy1 (2).gif