3d printed Windup Mr. Defender robot

robothut

I wanted to do a 100 per cent 3d printed wind up robot, and this is what I made. I then added a clear dome top to cover a Zathura type robot pilot and decided not to 3d print the dome as 40mm clear plastic domes are only 50 cents. The rubber tire grips can be 3d printed in flexable TPU filament and I did so as a test, but using store bought rubber O rings is more cost effective. Here is a video demo that will make things clear.

Here are some pictures of the prototypes. 

1 far left. The yellow body robot was the first. I was working on the look of the robot but mostly I wanted to see if the 3d printed spring and gear ratio was right for the mass and functions.

2 The silver robot with white feet was the second prototype. It has a stronger spring and I had worked out more of the body look for the robot.

3 The orange robot with black feet and arms was the third prototype and I changed the 3d printed gear ratio for more power "less speed".

4 The silver body, orange feet and arms and new see threw cockpit robot has added details to the feet.

5 far right The Orange body and silver feet and arms is the same as #4 just a different color combination.

DSC04745.jpg

I know this is more of a novelty robot toy, but I just had too do it. So if you think you  might like to have one, leave a comment below so I can get a robot count. If you have a favorite color combo or want the solid head instead of the see threw cockpit then put that in your comment as well. As stated before I no longer use Pay Pal so payment will have to be cash or check. So some of you that have to use pay pal might want to team up with other Dromers that can pay by check or cash and buy threw them. Do to unknow shipping charges outside the USA it would be best if that was handled by the person that helps you with the payment. The robots are $75.00 USD and I think I will use a med USPS box that has a fixed rate shipping, so add on $14.00 for that. If you order more than 1 robot I think 3 could fit in the fixed rate box, so that cuts the shipping down for multiple bot orders. We can work it out as we go along. Right now I need a head count so I know the size of the build and color variations and so on.

DSC04741.jpg

i'm liking that orange body version too.

sign me up.

If needed, I could act as a middle man for anyone outside US that has paypal'ed me in the past.

Archived