Anyone have time to print a small part?

Racerxc70

Have him CAD up the file he needs and post the STL file. Then we can tell if it can be printed. Time to print a file that is printable is one thing but time to 3d CAD the file is another.

I will answer your "PM" question here as it might help others as well. 3d printers are just machines that you feed a program and turn them on. But first you have to have the program to feed the printer. You make that file program in 3d CAD. And when you are making a replacement part for something the file has to be perfect or the part will not fit or work . Doing that CAD work for a replacement part can take some time. So what you need is a person that has the free time to make the CAD file. The tricky part is not all 3d CAD files are designed for 3d printing in mind and may or may not be printable as designed. That is why a person doing the 3d printing would need to see the CAD file first in order to see if it is printable and if not what would have to be changed to make it printable. Hope that helps. There are lots of people out there that do not 3d print but do 3d CAD design, students and so on. You could probably fine a person that is willing to do the job as a learning tool. They would need a part from the toy to work from if they are to design a new one in CAD . Hope this helps fill in some of the steps.

send a few images, Top, side view, rear.

...also place the part on a ruler for reference, like they do on ebay.

I'll take a look and see if I can do this in Blender.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Golddalek

You have gone above and beyond, with any luck the part will soon by installed

Thank you so much

Racerxc70

I found your address in an earlier post...silly me.

So I dropped the box (original broken part(s) and NEW printed part w/generic filament) off @ UPS.

They said by Thursday it should arrive.

If it's not quite working swell-  may have to try a different filament, maybe Nylon.

or some stiffer plastic..guess you'll know.

Later