Emperor Dalek

Golddalek

Almost done creating a 3D printed Emperor...The parts were made from my object files I drew  in Blender 2.68.

I don't own a 3D printer so I paid for the submitted prints from: Shapeways, Nolancreate and David’s Services from 3DHUBS.

( many HUBS now defunct since 3DHUBS forced several to leave due to min. order requirements a.k.a. GREED💰💰...I try not to use 3DHUBS anymore.

I epoxied Gold jewelry balls into pockets instead of painting bumps...thought it would turn out nicer.

I was influenced by the 1960's artist, Ron Turner who drew 'The Dalek Chronicles'...I wanted a cross between normal Dalek- casings and the comic book.

I was never a fan of Davros, a 1 dimensional cartoon character...I prefer the Ron Turner 'Emperor Dalek' who is a  true dalek...I am still tweeking, but figured I could post

the results so far.Emperor Dalek 2.jpg

Emperor Dalek 1.jpg

Emperor Dalek 1.jpg

Comparison to commercially available Dalek on the left.....I kept the ratio the same to fit in.

The End effector & Gas gun are Hi Def resin from Shapeways, so it turned out better than the toy.

....so many possibilities these 3D machines have.....albeit can be 💰💰💰 unless you own a tool.

but as Adam Ant said, "Quality is long remembered after the price is forgotten."

Daleks sized up.jpg