Pyrotomic Disintegrator Ray Gun - The "Attic Find"

Pyrotomic1

1 hour ago, Martian Gil said:

So is owning a toy that belonged to a friend, special collector, has a special history, etc...

What history are you marking this gun with?  

I do want to address your question.

The toy really doesn't have a history. It was bought new by a relative, I'm not sure who because whomever placed it in that box has departed, and soon after placed in the sealed box, no later than 1955, that I unsealed in December of 2018. At least 63 years of its history is it being in that dust-laden sealed box, pictures taken, examined, and back in a clean box, my locking file cabinet.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pyrotomic1

• Tinplate6

• Fineas J. Whoopie

• Andyman

Keep fighting the wind.   and stop with the bs that ANYONE called it garbage.   

Your toy has not sold at the price yet.  You may or may not own it for awhile.

I'll phrase it another way.   Purple.

Dude.   - if you understand, and trust in supply and demand, let it go.

It's great.  It's rare. 

That's true. 

Market determines the value, right?   

That's also true.

If you want to tag it with a certain value - that's entirely your business.   

If you've set it too high, you'll get the pleasure of owning it longer.   Whatever.

From reading this little drama, one point seems lost on you - a rather significant portion of your market is on here. 

My unsolicited advice?   

Stop pissing all over your toy.   You're leaving an odor that many of these collectors will avoid.

In this corner of collecting, it's not purely about coveting and obtaining. 

Relationships and character are valued - right or wrong.   Fight it all you want.  The fact is that it's not sold yet.

"Treasure finds" are truly dynamite.   
So is owning a toy that belonged to a friend, special collector, has a special history, etc...

What history are you marking this gun with?   (hint... this thread)

I would hazard a guess that a rather significant portion - if not all - of your ebay watchers are also following this.

let this fizzle out.  Sell your piece of plastic.

Good luck & peace to you and yours.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Martian Gil said:

Keep fighting the wind.   and stop with the bs that ANYONE called it garbage.   

I'm not fighting anything or anybody. Just noting that I can't find one to buy in mint condition, any color, 6 months of trying. 30 different searches, often refreshed, each with at least 2 different wordings. Multiple search engines. All I've heard is, "I had them. But not now", and then I'm given a price of what they sold the last one for 5 to 30 years ago. Which has no bearing on an item that is out of stock. Dealers setting prices on items they don't have for sale is a moot point. 

And that's facts, not fights.

I'll stand tall. Because I'm offering one doesn't mean I won't buy them. I found the wanted section and posted my offer for either a red or copper in mint like mine. I love the piece. I'll buy them. Let's see how many I get for an offer well above the prices set by those that don't have one to sell.

It they're common, their availability is plentiful, they're in the tank, the economy is collapsing in free fall, they're easy to find, and only worth $1600 because nobody is foolish enough to pay more than that, then for my legitimate $3500 offer, quickly paid, I should have dozens of them offered to me. Let's wait and see how many I can buy for $3500.  Time will tell.

• 4 months later...

Brian...it’s being sold by Toy Tent...caveat emptor.  

Additionally, I say let’s end this tirade...Pyrotomic can ask any price he wants for this gun, it’s his to sell. We have all expressed our views...let it go.

Alphadrome should not express the ugliness of the internet, we’re above that. Talk toys, inform, but do it tactfully. That’s my 2 cents.

Sorry to bug you, Brady,

This wasn't a perfect example, it looked like it had a misaligned seam, as if it had been opened and incorrectly reassembled.

pyro1.jpg

@Brian.. he borrowed your words and added more and now it has become a knock off.  "Note: Beware of knockoffs, and/or Pyro ray guns that were either broken and re-assembled, or disassembled to be copied then re-assembled very poorly and obviously with separated and misaligned seams (see arrows on last two images). The last two pictures illustrate the comparison between the original, real deal, and one re-assembled knockoff, without the proper, bold injection mold markings of the original, especially the trigger, which when cast at Pyro  was produced with two, bold circular markings on the right aspect of the trigger. "

The last 2 pictures were taken from the toy tent auction.

Just my 2 cents : I both agree and disagree to what Tinplate6 said. I have been following this thread for a while, it does bothers me a bit that someone used this forum to build up their gun to sell, it also bothers me that that person is giving out potentially bad information about said gun. While on one hand I wish this aggravation would just go away, it won't, so I have to let go of it within myself and let it be.  On the other hand isn't the basis of this forum and database to inform and keep perspective on information and keeping it fun. Is not putting a reasonable price on something for perspective just as important verifying a year on anything in the database?

If I am out of line in saying any of this please tell me , and I am happy too delete my post and shut up.

• Brian.. changed the title to Pyrotomic Disintegrator Ray Gun - The "Attic Find"