Nautilus Art Print

Roboto

I enjoyed seeing The First Men in The Moon art print from member Oneye and looked into it. They had 2 versions done one in Green with 120 makes and the other done in Purple with 200 makes both made in 2014 and both sold out very quickly. Nautilus Art Print is based out of Belgium and they have quite a following!

Belgium based Nautilus Art Prints has announced the second print in their catalog, ‘First Men in the Moon‘ from the 1901 H.G. Wells novel. Nautilus, keeping with their inspired goal of introducing European artists and properties to a new audience, tapped French comic artists Stan & Vince for the project.

For American audiences, Stan & Vince (Stan Manoukian and Vincent Roucher) are best known for their work with Dark Horse Comics on titles like ‘The Shadow,’ ‘Tarzan‘ and ‘Ghost.’ The work of Stan & Vince exists beyond those titles with film and advertising work seen all across Europe.

Nautilus Art Prints presents Stan & Vince’s take on H.G. Wells’ ‘The First Men in the Moon,’ a version that combines inspiration from the 1901 novel as well as director Nathan Juran‘s 1964 film that was filmed, ‘in Dynamation – The wonder of the screen!’ 

The duo’s take on the Wells’ vision of the future is a fantastic homage to the original text and film — this print is just a total thrill to look at. This Stan & Vince design is both a stylistically nostalgic throwback to the early age of science-fiction and a brilliant re-evaluation of the work of H.G. Wells.

As a curator of new illustrated print work, Nautilus is pushing the boundaries and raising the standard for what a brand can bring to the masses. ‘The First Men in the Moon‘ will open an entirely new audience to the work of Stan & Vince and hopefully Nautilus will keep shining a lot on hidden gems like artists Stan Manoukian and Vincent Roucher.

moon variant version.jpg

Moon reg version.jpg

moon1.jpg

moon 2.jpg

Up next The Time Machine done in 2016 The first copy regular had 200 makes the second variant had 100 makes.

Belgium’s Nautilus Art Prints have brought another wonderful artist to their ever broadening roster with French illustrator Julien Loïs creating an eight color screenprint for the H.G. Wells classic ‘The Time Machine.’

Loïs’ take on Wells’ text pulls from the novel as well as the Rod Taylor film from 1960. The poster is a fun and lovely interpretation of a book that is not only a classic but a global touchstone of incredible science-fiction world building.

TM-REG.jpg

TM-VAR.jpg

time machine.jpg

They also did 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea in 2014.

Nautilus Art Prints released a new print in it’s series of classics – this one for Jules Verne’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” by artist Jonathan Burton – there are regular and variant versions with limited editions of 250 and 100 with the variant version featuring the french title “20,000 Lieues Sous les Mers”.

20000-leagues-under-the-sea-by-jonathan-burton-regular.jpg

20000-leagues-under-the-sea-by-jonathan-burton-variant.jpg

2000 l.jpg

This Journey to the center of the Earth was released in 2014 the first version was open makes the second variant had 90 makes all were sold out quickly!

Nautilus Art Prints’ first screen print by Laurent Durieux for Jules Verne’s classic novel “Journey to the Center of the Earth”  images of the regular and variant versions.

2 voyage-au-centre_reg.jpg

2 Journey to the Center of the Earth variant version by Laurent Durieu.jpg

earth.jpg

earth1 (2).jpg

• 5 months later...

First Men in the Moon, I've watched.....Funny, there's a video game similar: Voyage: Journey to the Moon

on STEAM.....$4.99.

I never got around to watching 'The Time Machine'....I heard it was good.

Image3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Doc Savage. very nice photo...I sure would not want to be on his bad side.

I read one paperback...I think elements of 'Buckaroo Banzai' were borrowed from this character, his outfit consisted of diverse members, wild inventions, patents, and a code of ethics.

I may have to read another of Doc's adventures.

• 8 months later...