VIGIA DEL ESPACIO ROBOT- SEL-MAC - SPAIN

Tinplate6

After years searching eBay, I finally found an example of this great, rare robot toy. Unfortunately, he obviously took a heck of a fall before I got him; the auction showed it with dislocated arms & legs, a broken claw and a broken space rifle.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg

However, I was determined to restore this piece to displayable condition. So, I re-strung the arms with elastic cord...re-attached the legs, made a new claw, and finally, re-connected the the gun barrel to the rifle. Now, it looks pretty good.

EBA17E53-61E7-4504-9E6D-2216A1A8EE6F.jpeg1FB2D48F-4DC0-4DE5-951B-F2E252AEBC89.jpeg

Of course, it has no helmet, antenna or ray gun, but I just couldn't pass this up. Maybe, I can make a reasonable copy of the helmet...or, just maybe...I'll find one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• Brian..

• ervino

• Alain Lapointe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ervino...it's...beautiful!  

I have noticed at least two variations; the ones with gold painted boots/feet and silver weapons, and the unpainted feet with painted gold weapons.

The helmets must fit pretty tight, most have cracks in them. I notice a lot do not have the antenna...I assume that was the first piece to drop off.

• 1 month later...

I finally managed to secure an original helmet for my figure, (with the prerequisite crack down the front), but, of course, the antenna is missing. My question is; are they actually made of plastic, or are they wire/metal? I can't tell from the photos. They look very thin, and fragile.

Thanks, Brian, I always wanted one of these. To me, it’s sad to see a broken or incomplete toy, I’m glad I could find most of the pieces. 

• 3 months later...