• Brian..

• Pygar

• Ranger

• Tinplate6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, laserman said:

Can this robot still be ordered?

Sorry for the slow response, Laserman. My wife took me away from the printers for a few days - rehab, she calls it - and I've just escaped.

Yes, the Houdini is available. In fact any of my robots can be ordered at any time.  I've had requests for painted versions which cost an extra $20 to cover the paint and the extra handling. Here's an image of some on the production line:

IMG_4181.JPG

• Brian.. changed the title to Houdini Iron Terror Robot
  • 5 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, Brian.. said:

In fact any of my robots can be ordered at any time.

True dat!

Picked this up at the post office this morning!

20190207_154019.jpg

Thanks, Brian!

he's awesome!

Bizarre looking robot...Looks like Iron diapers....But I like the 3D prints, very nice...

I need to watch this movie, or serial, whatever it was.

• 1 year later...

The Q Robot has now become my best seller. Since Jeremy put them on to me, Houdini collectors have been inundating me with requests for the Iron Terror. I've had orders  from magicians, Houdini collectors and even the Houdini Museum in NY asking for wholesale supplies. The machines have been sizzling with Houdini parts and I wake up dreaming about the bugger. 

I based the design on the movie poster, but went for a smaller head version like the one in the museum. The result was that it never captured the look of the movie original,.

So I decided to increase the head size , and the new shape is more like the version shown on most of the posters. 

I can only assume that the museum decided to tweak the robot to give it a more conventional, human look. They certainly added tons of fine detailing that isn't present in the movie version. 

IMG_20201031_155734808.jpg

Haha!! Wonderful to hear of this sudden increase in interest. Very cool that you seem to have drawn notice from those even outside of space toy hobbyists and a fancy NY museum in addition. Congrats! Digging the revision, though I think it was pretty great already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I LOVE this! I found the pattern on Yeggi; seems to be the smallhead version, I think... Next robot I print will probably be this... unless someone does AF-709 "Rhoda"!