Major 1 Robot - Limited production robot toy :)

Atomic Robot Bob

Hey Guys!

I have no affiliation with this business, but I just saw this on YouTube and could find no mention of it on here anywhere (via Search tool).

https://major1robot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNe_MxisOro

I looked at the site and he seems like a nice, like-minded person to us crusty, old collectors here :)

Anyway, the robot looks good, is a good size and very inexpensive IMO. You might want to check it out.

TM Lindsey

(old member; new name)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atomic Robot Bob

• Tinplate6

• Mikebot

• Major1Robot

Thanks for posting that and it's nice to see a new plastic robot that doesn't look like a Transformer or Power Ranger.   Might have to get one of those.

It's funny, I was doing some 50s toy research for a project and had literally just said to my wife that I should have been a toy designer since it would have been fun and no one makes toy robots that appeal to the "older" design aesthetics when I stumbled across the video!

I guess it was fate! :biggrin:

I actually bought one of these myself, in fact, the designer said I was the first to use the website to place order.

So, the toy is taller than the Zeroids, about 7 inches, but has none of the fine details of the Zeroids. It is a very blocky design, it holds a scepter in one hand (removeable) and has an emitter, ray gun on the other. The toy comes in a window box with decent graphics. The toy is packaged with the robot's back story, and instructions. They cost $39.99 which is about on par with other battery operated toys of the same size. The arms move at the shoulders and the toy can twist at the waist. It has lights on the lower body, and head. Mine is robot # S.A. 0100.

Here he is, in front, with the Zeroids behind him.

BE6458D8-7A0E-4DB6-9DCF-8A28C1B8294B.jpeg

I'm impressed that they have managed to create this professional run of robots. Is it a short order run from a factory? Or is there a home-made component?

Brian, these are definitely not home-made, these are "production-quality" toys. The box states...

Major 1 Robot LLC.

All Rights Reserved

152 Van Cortlandt Ave.

Staten Island, NY 10301

No. 48144

Made in China

The box reads...

"From the Andromeda Galaxy comes Major 1 and his team of robots, they have traveled a great distance to planet Earth to help mankind, have adventures and do good deeds everywhere they go."

The robot art on the back of the box is much nicer than the actual toy.

Got mine today! Very cool :)

Definitely higher quality, not thin-walled plastic; it feels substantial. It certainly has the design sensibilities of the older style toys, which is what I was looking for.

I was very surprised to see someone went to the effort and expense to go into actual production for anything, let alone a retro-style robot.  Very happy with it :)

Thank you all for your kind words, I'm  Major-1. the creator and inventor of the Robot....lots of hard work went into this project, more than you can imagine ...from making a metal version 1st, of the Robot that can be seen on my website called Major1Robot.com, to a cad file, to a production toy run of only 6000 , this had taken me Three years of hard work to do....I'm going to make a UTUBE video soon on the making of the Major-1 Robot, Many toy safety issues were carefully worked out before production....in the 60's toy safety was not an issue as it is now, .... the detail in my Robot design was 5 times more greater but due to safety design it was scaled back.....I'm not Hasbro or Ideal , I'm a small independent one man show that had done all this by my self to bring back an old style Robot for Collectors of my time era.......my intention was to make a high quality Robot for a fraction of the cost for collectors to enjoy......designing a toy from start to finish without a major investor or toy manufacturer is almost unheard of.......I would like to thank Atomic Robot Bob for posting my Robot on this site.......He is an awesome, highly talented, cool person and a great Robot inventor.    If you want more info on Major1 just write me at Major1Robot@gmail.com  

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to read that Major1robot and it's amazing you even got it into production.    Have you got plans for any more robots?   It would be really interesting to see retro robot toys that look like the robots in Sky Captain with all the rivets etc.

Hi RoboHunter...I can say this ...It was a extremely long and hard journey to even produce even One Robot....I did it all from start to finish on my own... it took me Three years to do...lots of hard work and tons perils in between...I'm planning to do a play set for the Major 1 Robot soon , they  will be all done one at a time, all hand made to include a Command center, a Charging station , a Time tunnel, with 12 lights included  and hand a held light for the Robot...

I'm working on it now....I have teamed up with a highly skilled toy maker and Robot enthusiast to produce these play sets...basically Its for collectors mostly... as you know Kids don't play with toys anymore these days, only video games.......sad... Its not like the 60's and 70's  anymore....Producing the toy Robot  was a nightmare....if you want to email me at Major1Robot@gmail.com and I'll tell you via phone all the perils involved.....  I basically  did it because I grew up in the 60's and loved Robots and old toys... as the years went by I never seen one like mine redone... so I decided to make one from scratch get it produced  so all the die hard collectors can get one at a  reasonable price... by trade I'm a welder / metal art sculpture so I  made the 1st one in metal and then had 6000 made....the 1st design is on my website is  Major1Robot.com look it up....  looking forward to hearing from you....

Major1-