• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• kennetzel

• Morbius

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing to do with where the discussion is leading about a location for Botstock this year, Brady you're wonderful for the offer...sorry to say that Kelly and I likely won't be attending as we have many things to take care of this spring, doesn't look like it's in the cards for us this year.

This sounds interesting...can we do Botstock in the middle of a week? It should be no problem for us.

Well, first; we need to see how many are interested in coming to my place, second; mid-week is tough, as I would have to take time off of work, but, I might be able to swing it. Additionally, were you all looking at the “traditional” 3-day event? I’ll need a bit more input.

I'm up for making it to a Botstock at some point - I'd love the chance to put some faces and names together.

But, the next year and a half or so aren't possible for us yet.   

Too much stuff going on with the kids - they're nearly out of the nest though & the parent involved activities currently getting so much of our time will be dwindling!   MORE ROBOTS!  :eeek:

The dates appear to be the prime factor for most. 

Once that's in place I reckon we'll have a mechanical beings count*

Seems like people are fine with the venue or there would be objections. Having been to Tinplate's in the past, I can honestly say that it is space toy heaven.

A middle of the week Botstock ?? I don't think so. For me it would be ok since today is my last day of work. Been on jets 42 yrs..Middle of the week??? Nah. Is there any new young blood or are we just fading away ?  Man ,,I  remember the fever 10 yrs ago . The air sizzled with excitement . Anyhow,,I have some feet to make. Thanks Brady . Lets get together some time. I'm free now and looking for a new career. I feel the need to build. 

All...I'm afraid I can't make plans without a list of attendees.

Honestly folks, this was just an option, if anyone else has a better venue, I'm all for it. We used to plan for these months in advance, but now it seems too off the cuff. As Joe can attest, it is a lot of work to coordinate one of these get togethers...restaurant, and hotel reservations, as well as creating ID cards for attendees, and finding a place for the raffle, not to mention personal time. I work Monday-Friday, so unless middle of the week for that auction is really a sticking point, weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) would be easier.

Even if Joe was to take this again, I would be happy to have at least one day here at my place.

With that in mind, I really need to see some interest in this year's event, before I commit to all of this.

Roger that Bill.

Ok, for those wishing to have a Botstock this year, please reply, and include dates that you could attend, so I can find a middle ground that works for most folks.

Obviously I am interested. We are pretty much available all of May, but the earlier in the month the better. Pam has an audit to cover in late May/early June and needs time to prepare.