Texta Color Space cards

ANZinSpace

I recently obtained these two cards given away (i assume) in packs of texta's. Not sure how many are in the series though I suspect it's probably around 40. A previous auction I failed to win did mention that the graphics came from a Japanese set of cards.

Card 26 back.jpg

Card 26.jpg

Card 34 back.jpg

Card 34.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi ANZinSpace, it was this post that lead me to find Alphadrome! and what a great forum it is.
I was researching for a friend who was looking for information on this series of cards.
He recently rediscovered them while going through old possessions, had collected them in 'grade 1 or 2' which I think puts them at around 1976/77, as we are the same age.
I imagine that he is wondering on their value today, which is why he contacted me (he knows I am a huge fan of space toys and memorabilia) but I honestly have no idea as they are so undocumented on the internet.
According to him he has 35 out of 36, so almost the complete collection.
I think he has scanned them, if you are interested in seeing them in better detail. If you have any questions about them I'm happy to ask him.
Attached are some phone pics he sent me through text.
Regards!

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

Pretty coOL...The 60's were so excited about Space, it shows in the art work.

Indeed, I'd like to view the images if he has a website of the cards.

I like the retro-ness and imagination in them.👽

On 8/8/2020 at 2:22 AM, Golddalek said:

Pretty coOL...The 60's were so excited about Space, it shows in the art work.

Indeed, I'd like to view the images if he has a website of the cards.

I like the retro-ness and imagination in them.👽

I totally agree, Golddalek. It was a magic time for sci-fi art, there were no limits.

My friend was totally on-board for scanning all the cards for posterity/reference and sent me scans of all the ones he has.
Here they all are, I've uploaded them to an album on my FLICKR account for all to see and download if they so wish-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20361124@N06/albums/72157715444813352/with/50212789693/

I wonder what the initials JAS mean on some of these (#12 and #18 etc) I expect that the J is for Japan, if ANZinSpaces' information is correct.

Anyway I hope all enjoy.
P.S.
If you liked the cards, I have another album of some of the sci-fi pulp magazines and books in my collection, here is the album-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20361124@N06/albums/72157715444959392

Wow...FLICKR, the original PINS...I seen lots of great photos there of personal collections of NASA space craft, instruments.

and Star Trek props.

The cards look great. book marking this for sure....colorful.

I'll take your word about JAS, No American flag 🇺🇸 or markings

- so I  just figured it was Japan Aero Space or something 😎👌