LEGO Wind-up Robot

legobot

I built a fully functional Wind-up Robot out of nothing but LEGO parts! The idea came to me because tin robots are getting more and more expensive and I have a rather large LEGO collection :wub:

It uses Pull-back motors which would normally be used in LEGO cars and is wound by a key which was specially designed to resemble an old fasion key as closely as possible. It is also very highly customisable and, if you stay tuned just a while longer, you will find lots of fun variations coming shortly. This is a LEGO Ideas project, so if you visit this link and share your support for the robot, it will have a chance to become an official LEGO set and you may own one yourself!!!

I'll be very happy to consider any suggestions about the design that you may have :biggrin: 

I'd buy one...and more of other designs!  I don't think it's important for the arms to move outward from the body, a forward and backwards movement is expected in this type of robot.  As is, the arm connection is a bit wonky and the weak part of the design (IMO), I'd think about something more solid.

I know what you mean...and I'll admit that that's the first thing I thought of so I can definitely put a bit more thought into it. And the motion might not be to hard to add but It would probably limit the walking a lot...there's no harm in trying though :D Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, Andyman said:

Very cool. Although they're more like ice skating robots. :biggrin:

I get that a lot along with drunk, dancing or dancing drunk :biggrin: Which is why I decorated him to look drunk a couple weeks ago!

IMG_8906.JPG

On 02/09/2017 at 1:17 PM, Tinman said:

a forward and backwards movement is expected in this type of robot.

Got it! It only took a couple extra pieces and it works just fine! :biggrin: It did, however, take about 3 steps away from the max. distance and made the mechanism louder somehow... :oops:

Don't forget to support

Archived