• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MacDaddyRico

• Andyman

• Roboto

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My second round of donations to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum include an original Salesman's Incentive Brochure in mint condition, and a set each of the incentives themselves in silver plate and gold plate, and complete with their original packaging materials.

SMITHSONIAN DONATIONS ASTRO ORIGINAL 003.JPG

SMITHSONIAN DONATIONS ASTRO ORIGINAL 006.JPG

• 2 months later...

A month or three ago I'd contacted another museum about a donation of these intriguing old banks, and they recently responded...

The collection is currently in their possession and the committee will decide whether they'll accept and keep them or decline and send them back to me...I was under the impression that they've already been accepted..Oh, well...every museum has their procedures...

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan will be my seventh American Museum...and it is located just on the other side of Detroit from where these banks were made..!

This collection is missing three specimens...the 3 rarest of the model types...perhaps in time I'll find them and make another offer...

The second picture shows the shiny gold chrome Commemorative Satellite Bank I swapped out for the matte gold non-commemorative model pictured with the group...

HENRY FORD MUSEUM DONATIONS 001.JPG

COMMEMORATIVE SATELLITE BANK HENRY FORD MUSEUM PROSPECT UPGRADE 001.JPG

Just now, Andyman said:

I'm about an hour away from the Henry Ford. I'm sure I'll see them someday.

Thanks, Andyman, but there's no guarantee that they will be displayed. I don't believe any museum promises to display donations.

But...I am hoping they will be, with the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing approaching next year...

The Seven Institutions:

Early Space Exploration Museum at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex on Cape Canaveral

Cosmosphere in Kansas

U.S.S. Intrepid Museum in New York City

Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

U.S. Air Force Museum in Warner Robins, Georgia

Queens Museum in New York City

Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 12:37 PM, MacDaddyRico said:

My second round of donations to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum include an original Salesman's Incentive Brochure in mint condition, and a set each of the incentives themselves in silver plate and gold plate, and complete with their original packaging materials.

SMITHSONIAN DONATIONS ASTRO ORIGINAL 003.JPG

SMITHSONIAN DONATIONS ASTRO ORIGINAL 006.JPG

I recently offered my remaining brochure and a set each of incentives to the Henry Ford as well...

Awaiting their response...

• 1 month later...

It so happens that the next Astronaut Autograph Show will be held in Houston, Texas...at a museum...

The new Lone Star Flight Museum is hosting several events the first week of November, when the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation will be hosting its annual Space Rendezvous for the first time in a new location after ten years at Cape Canaveral, Florida...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, MacDaddyRico said:

It so happens that the next Astronaut Autograph Show will be held in Houston, Texas...at a museum...

The new Lone Star Flight Museum is hosting several events the first week of November, when the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation will be hosting its annual Space Rendezvous for the first time in a new location after ten years at Cape Canaveral, Florida...

My display at the Lone Star Museum...

2018 SPACE RENDEVOUS HOUSTON TEXAS 009.JPG

My donation to my local Bank of America branch, who helped make this all possible...

This Astro Mfg Berzac Creation Guided Missile Bank, originally patented in 1957 and first produced after 1960, was later re-issued by Vacumet in 1975. Most were painted white due to the stickers which accompanied the banks (printed on white paper stock and commemorating America's Bicentennial,) but I decided to customize a few in a variety of finishes, including two Peter Max's and a Charles Fazzino commissions, four U.S. Military commemoratives (of which the Army specimen was sold to an astronaut at the Astronaut Autograph Show,) a Lone Star Museum specimen (which I donated to them this past Saturday at the Show) and an Enterprise Truck Rental specimen (which I gifted to my local branch.)

The people at Enterprise and Bank of America got a huge kick out of them, as did the CEO of the Lone Star Museum, who made a big deal out of launching a penny into the bank by reciting the count down, "5-4-3-2-1!"

These banks are a blast!

COOL STUFF AND BoA BERZAC BANK 013.JPG

ENTERPRISE CUSTOM VACUMET BERZAC CREATION 1975 003.JPG

• 7 months later...

Update: 6/27/19

Latest great American Museum to have an interest is the J.F.K. Presidential Library & Museum in Boston, Mass.

Awaiting word...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Golddalek said:

I like Buzz Aldrin....The man stays active. God Bless.🚀

Yes, they all do these days especially due to the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 7:47 PM, Andyman said:

I'm about an hour away from the Henry Ford. I'm sure I'll see them someday.

So...the Henry Ford Museum currently has a Destination Moon Bank on display in their Pop-Up Exhibit...

DESTINATION ON DISPLAY FORD MUSEUM.jpg

DESTINATION MOON EXHIBIT.jpg