Signed Space Bank Collection

MacDaddyRico

I extended the collection of banks to include other artifacts as well...

8 Track cassette tape in mint, never played condition, signed by Buzz Aldrin...

Coca Cola Food Division butternut coffee can factory sealed...signed by Tom Stafford, Al Worden and Gene Cernan...

John Glenn parade flag in mint condition signed by Mr. Glenn...

Casper comic book signed by Gene Cernan...

Archie comic book signed by Michael Collins...

Peter Max mini poster in mint condition signed by the only artist to have visited another celestial body, Mr. Alan Bean...

BUZZ ALDRIN SIGNED 8 TRACK TAPE CASSETTE 002.JPG

SIGNED COFFEE CAN 009.JPG

SIGNED COFFEE CAN 013.JPG

JOHN GLENN SIGNED FLAG 002.JPG

CASPER GHOST ON MOON GENE CERNAN 002.JPG

ARCHIE COMIC BOOK MICHAEL COLLINS 001.JPG

AAMS 2012 006.JPG

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum recently acquired three more Astro Mfg related artifacts from me, and my plans for donating to a major Detroit-area museum are on hold while the curator is on maternity leave.

I also plan on taking a small, basic collection of these banks on the Road...(hint)...

MUSEUM PROSPECTS 2018.JPG

Museum Prospects

• 1 month later...

Originally produced in the early 1960's (Patented 1957) Astro Mfg's Guided Missile Bank (A Berzac Creation) was later re-issued by Vacumet Finishing in 1975, just in time for America's Bicentennial the following year.

Ironically, though Vacumet Finishing was contracted to apply the various finishes for both Duro Mold & Mfg and Astro Mfg banks, this re-issue came bare from their factory! It was designed to be painted by its new owner. Most were painted white, and the accompanying paper decals would then be applied accordingly.

I took the...liberty...of customizing this specimen for the up-coming Road Trip...

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW LIBERTY MUTUAL BERZAC BANK 003.JPG

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW LIBERTY MUTUAL BERZAC BANK 004.JPG

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW LIBERTY MUTUAL BERZAC BANK 005.JPG

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW LIBERTY MUTUAL BERZAC BANK 007.JPG

2 minutes ago, Roboto said:

Nicely done!!

Thank you..!

I hate that this was my last originally unfinished specimen, and it's been slightly damaged (as you might could tell from the gap in the nose cone.)

• 6 months later...

My donation to my local Bank of America branch, who made this all possible...

This Astro Mfg Berzac Creation Guided Missile Bank, originally patented in 1957 and first produced after 1960, was later re-issued by Vacumet in 1975. Most were painted white due to the stickers which accompanied the banks (printed on white paper stock and commemorating America's Bicentennial,) but I decided to customize a few in a variety of finishes, including two Peter Max's and a Charles Fazzino commissions, four U.S. Military commemoratives (of which the Army specimen was sold to an astronaut at the Astronaut Autograph Show,) a Lone Star Museum specimen (which I donated to them this past Saturday at the Show) and an Enterprise Truck Rental specimen (which I gifted to my local branch.)

The people at Enterprise and Bank of America got a huge kick out of them, as did the CEO of the Lone Star Museum, who made a big deal out of launching a penny into the bank by reciting the count down, "5-4-3-2-1!"

These banks are a blast!

COOL STUFF AND BoA BERZAC BANK 014.JPG

1 hour ago, MacDaddyRico said:

My donation to my local Bank of America branch, who made this all possible...

This Astro Mfg Berzac Creation Guided Missile Bank, originally patented in 1957 and first produced after 1960, was later re-issued by Vacumet in 1975. Most were painted white due to the stickers which accompanied the banks (printed on white paper stock and commemorating America's Bicentennial,) but I decided to customize a few in a variety of finishes, including two Peter Max's and a Charles Fazzino commissions, four U.S. Military commemoratives (of which the Army specimen was sold to an astronaut at the Astronaut Autograph Show,) a Lone Star Museum specimen (which I donated to them this past Saturday at the Show) and an Enterprise Truck Rental specimen (which I gifted to my local branch.)

The people at Enterprise and Bank of America got a huge kick out of them, as did the CEO of the Lone Star Museum, who made a big deal out of launching a penny into the bank by reciting the count down, "5-4-3-2-1!"

These banks are a blast!

COOL STUFF AND BoA BERZAC BANK 014.JPG

ENTERPRISE CUSTOM VACUMET BERZAC CREATION 1975 003.JPG