Mr. Tesla

Automaton

Henk was a legend on alphadrome.

Sadly he had died shortly before I joined but I soon got the feeling there was and still is a lot of love for this particular collector.

I hope there is an longer serving member who could point you in the right direction to some of his important posts.

I was a newbee here (on Alphadrome...not newbee at collecting 'bots) when Henk was on and we chatted off and on for a couple of years or so, such a gentleman.  Didn't matter who was commenting, famous high roller collector or someone just starting out he was just as friendly and whimsical to all who had a question.  Our family was searching here in Canada for a particular tea tin he was searching for to use as heads on the Space Giant robots he was working on at the time.  Kelly and I have marvelled at his work at Botstock a number of times when Joe had them on display for the convention.

His original designs were always far and above the store versions, simply amazing for operation, colour and even just sitting on a shelf.  He also had a way with words, let's say he was most poetic in whatever he had to say.  My family misses him greatly as we all feel we knew him well.  It was just the way he was.

Thanks Morb.

This post is a nice way in my case and definitely newbies to get acquainted with Henk Goss.

I hope other long standing members post their views and creations of Henk.

I never met Henk but he was smart, talented, passionate, very  helpful, entertaining, irreverent and a pioneer of the hobby.

When he passed a bunch of us here on Alphadrome pitched in and bought a memorial page for him in Antique Toy World. Does anyone remember the date of that issue?

Archived