Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots

Robo234

An interest in vintage toy robots in the late 1990's, spurred by early toy robot websites such as Alphadrome, led to my collecting vintage toy robots.  When this pursuit became too expensive as the vintage robot market soared, I decided to create my own line of Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots.  The 2016 Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots collection was preceded by the original run of Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots, handcrafted by maker Brian McDowell between 2008 and 2010, and numbering less than fifty robots. Each robot figure is different from the others and has unique features, construction, and personality. All Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots possess the blank stare and boxy shape of many classic film and toy robots of the mid-20th century.

Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots are 8- to 9-inch tall figures constructed of translucent colored plastic and metal. Handcrafted in the USA, Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots are not toys, but they are great conversation pieces, unique collectibles, and decorative figures, all in one. Their arms can be moved and posed, but the robots are otherwise stationary; no batteries required (except on certain special robots with flashing eyes or radar dishes). Some robots' heads are not permanently attached so that heads can be swapped between different robot bodies to create entirely new robots!

Mr. Nuts & Bolts Robots can be seen on YouTube here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJXrvvkNu6g

IMG_7310.JPG

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

IMG_7042.jpg

IMG_8228.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6677 copy.jpeg

Archived