8 Man What do you think ?

Sparkrobot

51 minutes ago, Brian.. said:

... 8 Man ... a good looking piece, much larger than you'd imagine ...

See the enormous size of the vintage piece. Suppose the copy is same size. A shot from Marco's exhibition in the Museum of the 20th Century, Hoorn, Netherlands in 2013.

image.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm,  :wacko:

I do love my humanoid robot though that Brian made. That hasn't a kids face on it though, it's a serious looking piece. I also like the rosko astronaut although it also has a human face, again, not a kids face.  I remember having that space scooter with the freckled face kid on it, I recall him getting it in the neck somewhat. Bet I don't find another for £10 again! 

Bingo, Ozzie! 

Can somebody check and compare dimensions, Marco?

Thanks for the compliment Ozzie. On this pic, from this angle, 8 Man also does not look that much like a baseball hero.

It looks to be one rivet shorter on the bottom. Can you find us a head and a lower part on a cheap toy too? Find the insides too, while you're at it. Why isn't Jay making this one?

Well it's not a stretch to see 

whoever made the 8 man repop 

to add the head , arms & base for an all tin 

DP robot, there no major litho either other than the dial 

& the ears are already made for the robby 

My guess is the body on the 8man is folded over for a lip 

where on the DP it's straight into the base

so probably equal size , bet that river is folded over too 

Beside the repop has 11 or room for 11

;- ) 

The 8 man 50th ann. version had only 200 makes as to the limited run which has 1000 makes.  On the limited run I do like how they did the back and the ring around the heads lights up as the original one did.

8man1.jpg

8man2.jpg

8 man 2.jpg

I am starting to like 8 man,ha!  I don't think the lower part of DP would be too difficult to make. His head has quite a unique shaped dome/cap/top. I will put it on my 'when I have the time list'.  Need to buy a couple of 8 man bots now!  Or just make the whole thing!  Anyway, John and Marco are making a DP? 

What have I started here!.

Is this next big alphadrome joint custom build .

Jay does sell the standard blue 8 man repro but a lot more expensive than the 70 quid I saw them for at the toy fair.

BTW the next toy fair I'm selling at is in March. 

Archived