Jonydroid's Collection

Jonydroid

Hi Alphadromer´s wassup?:biggrin:

this is my tiny collection and today i got a gift, oh yes so nice, from a very good friend of mine.

the MH tv robot, shiny fella to join other brothers, yeaahhhh:thumbs:

thanks

cheers

Joao

IMG_20161011_151533.jpg

MH video robot instagram.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonydroid

• Roboto

• Martian Gil

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Today came in the mail, two old little robots, condition is not the best, far from it, no boxes avaiable, they have rust, painting is not good but i like them anyway:biggrin:, the high wheel four gears is working but the antenna is not, and the Horikawa gear robot is not working, for now they will going to stay here and later maybe i will fix these.

IMG_20161123_182454.jpg

2016-11-23_19.41.27.jpg

Two very nice additions. Before long you will not be able to call it "Little Collection" anymore! It is nice sometimes to leave them in the rusted look but I always cleaned my older ones with Windex brand cleaner, a tip I learned here on Alphadrome and it works great. :cheers:

2 hours ago, Ultrarobotman said:

Two very nice additions. Before long you will not be able to call it "Little Collection" anymore! It is nice sometimes to leave them in the rusted look but I always cleaned my older ones with Windex brand cleaner, a tip I learned here on Alphadrome and it works great. :cheers:

Thanks Ultrarobotman:cheers:

i was thinking on use Rust Rescue :sorry: Nop it is Metal Rescue rust remove product to these 2 robots, this could do the trick to a better  looking, and rust free, i know robots have a story and history behind them but you know i realized that over time rust can destroy metal and i don´t want my robots destroyied, and later apply Windex product, or a cleaning oil named Bala and this prevents rust and isolation and it´s for metal and paint protection too plus this one works great with gears.

And we all continue to learn and share here for our hobby. I will have to research "Rust Rescue" for myself, I have never heard of this product. Will it work for the chrome mouth and ears on these robots? The Windex is only a general cleaning agent but works well for removing grime, grease, dirt, general stuff. I am interested though in the Rescue product. My thinking is when heavy oxidation occurs on these thin metal parts it will be difficult to restore.If it can just get to the bare metal easily on these parts it would be cool.

Sorry :ohmy:it´s not Rust Rescue but Metal Rescue:oops:rust remove product

haha they have this product on ebay and Youtube just type Metal Rescue and you will see, this works with plastic and other stuff so i think this could do the job at chrome too