Changeman Robot Artwork... how cool is this ! :-)

marco

Well, it has been a while since i completed Changeman with artwork and a box.
The robot deserved really more than a plain white box and therefore i decided to make this artwork for this robot last year.

The story behind this robot is complicated, long and it all happend in Japan. 
I have written all about this robot on my website: http://vintagespacetoys.com/details.php?produkt_id=509

One this was for sure.. Teruhisa Kitahara had big influence on this robot and made it available in the eighties for a selected group of collectors.
Last year i came into contact with Mr. Kitahara, not that easy because he is on facebook but its impossible to become friends with him, the reason, he does not accept any.

I was more than surprised that he contacted me some time ago. the reason: The Box for Changeman ! :)
Yes i was proud and even more of the fact that he wanted to have some of these boxes for his museum to complete his changeman.

today he posted his comments and pictures on facebook. 
How cool to see my box in the hands of Teruhisa Kitahara`s

Cheers

Marco

kitahara1.jpg

Very cool Marco. I know the feeling, years ago I made custom robots for Him and even visited his home at the time. I think he still has one of my early full scale Robbys at his house.

Thanks guys !

John, I had no idea that you also made robots for Kitahara and even visited him in Japan, cool !
Hope to visit him next year, we talked about it and It would be my first trip to Japan.

Marco

It was in the 1990's 91 or 92 I think. There used to be posts here on Alphadrome with pictures and info, but that was so long ago and so many yearly site crashes ago. They even let me take pictures in the museum, something they never did way back then since they were selling the images of the toys in so many different books. I do have a autographed book from Kitahara with him posing with one of my full size Robby's. They drove me around in there VW buss to there "at the time" Motion Museum, that had motorized store display in it "automata" very cool. It was the hot part of summer in Japan and I saw something I had never seen before. They would take a semi truck with the refrigerator trailer and put painting of polar bears on the side of it and people would pay money to go stand in side. It was like a ride for them I guess. I got serenaded but a drunk japan guy on the train down to Yokohama and yes they do cram you on till the train cars are full, shoulder to shoulder! The Japan people on the train were so embarrassed by the drunk guy's actions. That was also when I bought the last of the olive drab Mechanized robots made to kitaharas color.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 5:36 PM, robothut said:

It was in the 1990's 91 or 92 I think. There used to be posts here on Alphadrome with pictures and info, but that was so long ago and so many yearly site crashes ago. They even let me take pictures in the museum, something they never did way back then since they were selling the images of the toys in so many different books. I do have a autographed book from Kitahara with him posing with one of my full size Robby's. They drove me around in there VW buss to there "at the time" Motion Museum, that had motorized store display in it "automata" very cool. It was the hot part of summer in Japan and I saw something I had never seen before. They would take a semi truck with the refrigerator trailer and put painting of polar bears on the side of it and people would pay money to go stand in side. It was like a ride for them I guess. I got serenaded but a drunk japan guy on the train down to Yokohama and yes they do cram you on till the train cars are full, shoulder to shoulder! The Japan people on the train were so embarrassed by the drunk guy's actions. That was also when I bought the last of the olive drab Mechanized robots made to kitaharas color.

wonderful story John.
Guess i have to go to Japan soon now, never was there.
Oh.. and what is an olive drab color ! ? :-)

Cheers
Marco

Archived