Horikawa Attacking Martian Wiring ... HELP !!!!

DavidM

DavidM

I used mini maglite bulbs as replacements (1.5v) I colored them red with permanent marker, I've never had a lighted eyes robot so I had no idea that the fly eyes were supposed to flash.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidM

• Gatethorn

• robothut

• Racerxc70

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Racerxc70 , I bought those 1.5 volt Maglite bulbs they come two to a pack at HomeDepot and they are cheap ! Super bright . Great replacement bulbs for the machine gun bulbs . I also, colored them in with red permanent sharpie too works great . Thank you for sharing that !! Also ,Ultrarobotman !!!!

David, welcome to the 'Drome! Those circuit diagrams are great, thank you for sharing. When I finally get an attacking martian(my all time favorite bot), it will probably be a fixer upper, so this is great info to have.

BTW, the "lighted eyes" version is much less common...that's a great robot to have!

cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All ,  Finally got this Attacking Martian done and working . I wanted to share an updated Diagram of the wiring for this robot and this version with lighted fly eyes for posterity . "Note "- I did research and this version of Attacking Martian had , constant lighting in the eyes . DavidM

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys,

I was just about to fold down the Martian's tabs, to close him up after taking a few internal photographs, when I noticed there's a wire come off.

It's the white wire, at top of picture, which was sitting underneath the top plate, as though it has (possibly) come off the switch. The other end is soldered to the internal metal chassis box which supports the motor and gears. As the robot functions perfectly with this wire disconnected, I'm guessing it may be to improve electrical connectivity where chassis components form part of the circuit? 

Anyway, as my local expert is away on a business trip, some expert help would be appreciated. 

Many thanks for your assistance,

Rick 

Switch is at top left in this picture, and it's the white wire we're interested in. You can see where it trails down to the motor and gear mounting box.20171108_170509.jpg

Hi Gatethorn , What you have is a loose grounding wire . On the Wiring schematic above in my earlier post , it is the green wire coming from the switch to the motor .  I soldered it  to the lower part of the silver frame where the switch stops  in the "ON" position . Remove the Robots  top body fame support then carefully remove the switch body connection tabs then solder . Reverse the procedure after making wire connection .  DavidM